Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 wrx. I am lowered around an inch with coilovers and have lower control arms. I am wanting to get a 18x9.5 +38 rim running a 265 35 tire. Would i have any issues with clearance? Or would i need a smaller size tire? I am a complete newbie about wheel and tire fitment. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
277 Posts
Probably not , the GV chassis can fit an insane amount of tire but it also depends on the tire

a 265 Hankook V12 evo is going to be way skinnier than a 265 Continental Sport or 265 Re71R

If you want some nice 18x9 +35 Enkei RCT4 I have some for sale as well

https://imgur.com/a/WcgF9

·
Registered
90 Posts
i think that you''re going to rub a little on the inside of the wheel well if you turn the wheel all the way but i think you should be fine otherwise

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Probably not , the GV chassis can fit an insane amount of tire but it also depends on the tire

a 265 Hankook V12 evo is going to be way skinnier than a 265 Continental Sport or 265 Re71R

If you want some nice 18x9 +35 Enkei RCT4 I have some for sale as well

https://imgur.com/a/WcgF9
Ok thanks for the info. Pm me with the price for the wheels.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think that you''re going to rub a little on the inside of the wheel well if you turn the wheel all the way but i think you should be fine otherwise
Would there be anyway to get rid of the rubbing if it did a little bit? Would some trimming do the trick? Or would a different tire size? I have heard that adding a little bit of camber can also help fit the tire is that true?

·
Registered
90 Posts
okay so the only way to potentially get rid of the rubbing would be to get spacers to further shift the offset of your wheels. please for the love of god do not trim your tires. trimming them and adding camber puts unnecessary wear on your tires. personally i have 18x9.5 with a +40 offset and im running 255s with a 40 sidewall. it looks great and theres no rubbing at all.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
okay so the only way to potentially get rid of the rubbing would be to get spacers to further shift the offset of your wheels. please for the love of god do not trim your tires. trimming them and adding camber puts unnecessary wear on your tires. personally i have 18x9.5 with a +40 offset and im running 255s with a 40 sidewall. it looks great and theres no rubbing at all.
Yeah i wont be trimming the tires. Could i see a pic of your car?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts