ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have thoroughly enjoyed finalizing our 2017 WRX pre-order with Clint the last few weeks. He has been incredibly helpful, knows his stuff, and really loves Subarus. Glad to be on Clint's unofficial, though already started, 2017 order list. He has received our selected color, packages, options and accessories -- though we both know there there probably will be a few changes for the '17's, hopefully a HATCH! We will make our final decisions the day the 2017 ordering guide is out.

Saw the below chart recently, and if not later updated, hope we see our WRX in June -- just an incredibly long 180 or so days from now. Will have to start buying some mods before it arrives.

image.jpg

http://www.donlen.com/buildstart-subaru.html

·
Æternum
20,438 Posts
The sales forecast did mention a slight change for the WRX. I'm confused as to how you've pre-ordered a car that doesn't yet exist?

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Clint and I have agreed on everything except it is not an official order because, as you know, neither its pricing nor its features/specs are out.

Did the same on my current car (different brand), i.e., in fact had an agreement with a dealer long before that company officially said they were even going to build it.

Will see what changes, if any, there are for the 2017 WRX's once Subaru announces its final specs. It will be easy to make our final decisions -- as Clint already has our exact detailed list based on the 2016 WRX. Possibly there won't be any changes?

One thing for positive sure, that our 2017 will be coming from [email protected]!

·
Æternum
20,438 Posts
Subaru has started to extend the refresh cycle on vehicles. If there is no hatch, I wouldn't expect any significant changes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
ClubWRX.net Vendor
457 Posts
Subaru has started to extend the refresh cycle on vehicles. If there is no hatch, I wouldn't expect any significant changes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Thanks for the good feedback John !! Regarding the hatch, I haven't heard a peep, but I hope they do one too. What's interesting is they sent out a questionnaire to '15 owners and some of the questions did ask about hatches. So SOA is thinking about it on some level, but who knows how long it will take to happen, if at all.

CK

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks Clint, and at least they are asking 2015 owners what they think of a hatch. Only three days until the press reveal days at the Geneva Auto Show (could be as early at 11:59 PM, PST, Monday night), and as the head of Subaru is going to be there for the XV Concept reveal, perhaps/maybe/wishfully, they surprise us on the upside and reveal a production version of a 2017 WRX hatch.

We can still hope, but if not revealed there, only 25 days till our last reveal opportunity, the New York Auto Show.

Not giving up yet. And worse case, we will be very happy with a 2017 WRX sedan.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Where did the chart, in the Op come from?
The cutoff date, for ordering 2016 does not seem realistic.
I wasn't allowed to go to donlen.com at work.

I have been scouring the intewebs for 2017 WRX news.
Mostly, I've found broad speculation, written in chinglish, accompanied by pics of the last WRX Prototype.
Someplace I found, yesterday seemed to think there would be color changes.
Since Galaxy Blue was only a one year run, I wonder if Lapis will be, as well.
C'MON Plasma!

·
ClubWRX.net Vendor
457 Posts
Haha yeah, I keep seeing that concept and I'm just like "really, people?" Much fail. Get some new pics.

And I hear ya John, I'm happy with my sedan too, but a hatch is always better. :D

·
Registered
905 Posts
Ok, so I went to donlen.com, when I got home.
It's a Hertz fleet site.
What do they have to do with Subaru order, build & final order dates?
It seems to me that these dates would be solely for their transactions with Subaru.
Sent from my Moto X Pure Edition XT1575 on Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Found this extremely recent 2016/2017 Subaru order chart; note it states updated Monday(2/22/2016)

image.jpg

Interesting that is states that the 1st order date for entering 2017 WRX/STi orders is March 7, 2016. That is just ten days from now, a week from Monday. And initial deliveries of the new model year is June (just like the 2016's).

Source of the above document: Subaru (Build Out Final Order Start Up Dates) - Donlen Corporation

What is missing from the above chart is a footnote that says "All dates are estimated and subject to change. “01” option code (Non All Weather Pkg.) will be up to 120 days after first delivery month has occurred."

·
Registered
905 Posts
But it's a Hertz fleet thingy.
I don't believe these dates pertain to the general public.

Sent from my Moto X Pure Edition XT1575 on Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts