Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Car is a 2017 WRX Limited, all stock. There is a weird buzzing or vibrating noise corresponding with engine speed coming from the engine bay. It only happens under deceleration above about 3800 RPM and sometimes has a phase shifting quality to it. Car runs and drives fine otherwise and shows no other signs of abnormality. Its done this since I began going over 4000 RPM after the break-in, since I've had it. See video for example. You may have to turn your speakers up and ignore me yakking about it...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Nothing audible on the video. But I have a similar if not same issue. Only when I drive back roads aggressively for a while do I notice it. On 2nd and 3rd as well but really high in the revs. Nothing noticeable when I do drive regularly to from work with high revs to. I took it to the dealer they weren't able to notice it as well. Again only experienced it when I drive back roads for a little while. I will try record it the next time to share.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2017 and have noticed a strange sound during idle only when the AC is turned on, most likely not related to your issue but I am wondering if you have the AC on or not?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No A/C on this run. I've noticed that my climate control fans get louder under hard acceleration when the A/C is on, but that is unrelated to this issue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts