Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The OEM led low beam went out on my car this morning. Because I did the C light upgrade a doubt the stealership will cover it. I can't figure out where that heck the bulb is. Has anyone else with the Limited removed that bulb and can tell where it is (pic would be nice).

Also I haven't be able to find that bulb online, but I'll call the stealership tomorrow.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
10,919 Posts
Is it behind the wheel well?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is it behind the wheel well?

Turns out you have to get at it from the wheel well. That explain why I couldn't feel/find it, lol.

·
Super Moderator
10,919 Posts
Yep thought that may be the case

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It is the low beam that's out. I thought what is the low beam was part of the auto leveling system. I might have to remove the battery to get a the bulb easier.

·
Registered
161 Posts
well if you are able to take that out w.out breaking it, I would love to see a how to. I currently have a passenger side LED housing sitting in my closet. Was forced to purchase another one since I couldnt figure out how to replace the non-serviceable LED low beam. if so i can fix the one i have and sell it ha

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Tried last night and couldn't. I might be resealing the headlight this weekend, while I have the light open I'm going to try and remove the bulb.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've replaced both my high and low beam halogens with LED bulbs just by removing the snorkel and lifting the filter box a bit on the passenger side and by loosening the bracket and sliding the battery back a bit on the driver's side. It's a tight fit, but not too difficult if you have Trump-sized hands like mine.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Lol you're gonna be without a low beam for that long?? You can find some from part out wrecks on eBay. Probably save you a couple hundred but I went Heuberger's part store. They had the cheapest price new, free shipping and tax free if you're not from Colorado

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 30 Posts