Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Kind of a noob here. I just bought a 2017 wrx base model. I am looking to upgrade the lights from the crappy orange low beam and boomerang/c-light. I was looking at Subispeeds OLM 35w low beam HID (8000k) that works well with the stock halogen projectors as well as the OLM led bulbs for the C-lights. This leaves the DRL. I am looking for a good DRL that will match the color of the C-light and low beam. I will probably install fog lights later as well. The only problem is that all this will cost me upwards of $600. It also seems a bit tedious to order so many different things just to get a uniform look with the front lights.
Does anybody know of a quality kit that includes a complete light upgrade (DRL/hid low beam/led boomerang/fog lights). I would not mind spending the money if it guarantees a uniform look. The last thing I want is mismatched light on the front of the car after spending all that money. :p

· Registered
53 Posts
Hey guys. Kind of a noob here. I just bought a 2017 wrx base model. I am looking to upgrade the lights from the crappy orange low beam and boomerang/c-light. I was looking at Subispeeds OLM 35w low beam HID (8000k) that works well with the stock halogen projectors as well as the OLM led bulbs for the C-lights. This leaves the DRL. I am looking for a good DRL that will match the color of the C-light and low beam. I will probably install fog lights later as well. The only problem is that all this will cost me upwards of $600. It also seems a bit tedious to order so many different things just to get a uniform look with the front lights.
Does anybody know of a quality kit that includes a complete light upgrade (DRL/hid low beam/led boomerang/fog lights). I would not mind spending the money if it guarantees a uniform look. The last thing I want is mismatched light on the front of the car after spending all that money.
If you don't mind LED, there is another post I made for a brand of LEDs that have worked wonderfully in my car. Here's the link
http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13

· Registered
61 Posts
I just did the Morimoto HID retrofit and DD C-lights with the DRL module. It was $480 shipped from subispeed. The DRL module turns off the OEM high beam as the DRL and just uses the c-light. I will eventually need to replace the high beam bulbs to match but for now everything looks good. I made a long thread about it a couple days ago. As of this post, the thread is right below this one, here

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.