Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the catted, resonated tbe from Cobb on order with the big sf intake. Now I'm reading discouraging news on the big sf tune, but the issues seem to be the 93 octane tune. I'd run the 91 to be safer, but now I'm thinking about returning the intake when it shows up until I'm ready for a pro tune and maybe tmic at the same time. I just want some more turbo noise, don't really care about the last 10hp, especially if it puts the engine at risk.

·
Registered
386 Posts
That's a call you'll have to make after you do your research. I have the Big SF, I love hearing the turbo sucking air through the intake.

If you're planning on installing the intake some day why not just keep it on hand for when you're ready for it? Does Cobb have a return fee?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I emailed the company I ordered it from to see if they can cancel the intake before it ships. I'm comfortable with a full exhaust, but the intake has too many sketchy data logs posted on the NASIOC forum for me to risk my new motor. When I'm ready for a pro tune in the future, then I can do an intake. I want the A/F and MAF stuff verified before I hammer on the motor.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have a Cobb Big SF intake on my car and its fantastic, the MAF sensor is positioned in a much better place to give you more accurate readings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts