Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I wanted to start a thread where updates could be provided by others / Cobb on when the accessport will be available and ready for the 2017.

From my understanding there were are some firmware updates that needed to be placed into the v3 in order to get this to run.

Has anyone received official info from Cobb on when this will be released? All I've seen from looking at a few sites is the answer "in a few months" that were posted in June or July.

So any updates??

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, Ill check, but right now the website is showing it as unavailable, maybe I'll send them something to request it.

Its probably out for the STI already since the EJ257 is ages old, and the FA20DIT is relatively young. But still, not much should have changed between 2016 and 2017 with the firmware, but who knows.

Anyone else who has info please chime in.

· Registered
905 Posts
i just saw that today, and i called up Cobb and they told me the new firmware for the 2017 WRX should be coming out mid to end of august. I just really hope so!
I asked, this past Saturday and a prompt reply from COBB stated...

"2017 WRX Accessport support is not available yet. It's a top priority for our Subaru engineering team but we currently do not have a firm eta for when that support will be available. Best guess for now is end of August or early September but that estimate could move in either direction."

So the phone and email communications match! :thumbup:

· Super Moderator
3,438 Posts
Something is changed in the 17's ecu to where cobb has to figure out the new software to gain access to the ecu to flash the maps. Everyone with the 17 wrx's is just waiting on the software update from cobb once they figure it out. Rumors are that it is coming soon, apparently by the end of the month. They just recently released the accessport for the 17 STi's.

· Registered
905 Posts
I've been set on getting an AP, since I read about the rotten stock tune, on the 2015+.
I thought I'd be getting a 2016, but things stalled, finally, I have on order a 2017 HUQ-22.
However, this week, I learned of the new, always watching, recording and sending Starlink big brother.
Now, I'm hesitant to tune. I was only planning on stage 1.

Thoughts ?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What's this I hear about the fa20 and tuners not wanting to protune? Also is it true that if I went with the down pipe and tune I will not be able to pass my inspection?
Regarding the downpipe and tune, there is always the potential of not meeting an emissions inspection. Especially if it's an uncatted down pipe. With the catted it could potentially meet it, but there's no 100% guarantee. I've heard of plenty of people with protunes in n the fa20. It's really up to the tuner. If they are inexperienced with it then they might decline. But you just have to find the right one.

I've been set on getting an AP, since I read about the rotten stock tune, on the 2015+.
I thought I'd be getting a 2016, but things stalled, finally, I have on order a 2017 HUQ-22.
However, this week, I learned of the new, always watching, recording and sending Starlink big brother.
Now, I'm hesitant to tune. I was only planning on stage 1.

Thoughts ?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
I know the star link records info (speed and seat belts) for crashes and such, but I'm pretty sure that is only for vehicles with upgrades safety package. Which you would have to select. I think on all other WRX it's an entertainment thing. But that's just my thoughts

· Registered
905 Posts

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I know the star link records info (speed and seat belts) for crashes and such, but I'm pretty sure that is only for vehicles with upgrades safety package. Which you would have to select. I think on all other WRX it's an entertainment thing. But that's just my thoughts
I think its way more. Take a look at the link, in this post as well as the thread.
http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/interior-mods/134494985-everything-starlink-7.html#post4834026
I see what you're saying. I think it depends on the package. With the eyesight assist and such. I can certainly see it watching more. But I think on ones not equipped with that. It might be fine.
I have had my car for over a month and haven't received any information from star link or my subaru.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.