Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Making some big changes to my bone stock 2017 wrx base model with 3500 miles on it. Just purchased these parts and I will be installing myself and getting a tune after install. Would love any advice or things I should be prepared for etc. I've been getting some guidance from a tuner but would love help!

Perrin 15-17 Subaru WRX Red Cold Air Intake

Turbo XS 15-17 Subaru WRX TGV Deletes

Mishimoto 15+ Subaru WRX Front-Mount Intercooler Kit - Black Core

GrimmSpeed FA20 Boost Control Solenoid Kit

Perrin 2015+ Subaru WRX Blow Off Valve Kit Recirculation

GrimmSpeed 2015+ Subaru WRX J Pipe/Downpipe Catted 3in w/ Black Ceramic Coating

Invidia 15+ Subaru WRX/STI 4Dr Q300 Twin Outlet Rolled Titanium Burnt Quad Tip Cat-Back Exhaust

DeatschWerks 12+ Subaru BRZ/12+ Scion FRS / 15+ WRX DW65C 265lph Compact In-Tank Fuel Pump

cobb accessport

· Not a mod... or is he? Or, is he not?
15,792 Posts
I would opt for a different fuel pump I don't trust DW and I've seen others mention the same. Their pumps may be better quality than their injectors though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

· Registered
1 Posts
Need an update!!!

· Registered
314 Posts
I would not void my warranty or even modify an FA20 car past a simple reflash.

The rods and shift forks don't like torque very much.

Also its probably best for your wallet to just avoid Mushimoto , Perrin and DW as their parts have fitment issues while lacking quality control.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I finally got all the parts And I took on the challenge of installing it all myself. Was able to install everything myself except for the fuel pump. The mishimoto fmic fitment was not ideal. Overall the biggest challenge by far was making it all fit and look good. I was having an etune done originally but decided I felt safer with getting a dyno done. I took it to a shop to have them install my fuel pump and look over my install. The shop did a mustang dyno for me and my car logged 298HP/325TQ. The car feels like it has a lot of balls now and overall power throughout the range of the rpm is very strong. Oh and and the sound is incredible. Very very happy with how things turned out. I'm gonna attach some pics from the build. I custom cut out the lower front grill for the fmic. Very fun project.

Attachments

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As for not voiding my warranty. The way I see it you only live once... before this I drove a 2007 impreza 2.5i and when I got the 2017 I was very excited to work on it. I've never had a warranty my entire life so I don't know what it's like to lose one. If something breaks I'll get a better aftermarket one. I drive like a granny most of the time. I plan on making more changes in the future to do everything possible to make sure nothing goes catastrophically wrong in the engine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.