Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering where I could find the lengths of a 2017 wrx fender well brake lines. I’m wanting to make my own lines but I can’t seem to find any spec sheets or anything for the lines.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are the hard lines bad?
They aren't necessarily bad but I haven't checked, I still doubt they are bad, but a friend of mine was going to make some lines for his car. Since I'm planning to do a pretty nice brake upgrade soon I'd like to make some of my own lines while he was at it as well.

·
Registered
323 Posts
You are not going to find a drawing with dimensions or a cad model if that's what you are looking for. Not unless you know someone high up in Subaru's mgmt.

Even if they are bad, all oem hard lines for the car are just over 200 total. Why exactly are you making your own?

·
Little Homie
12,941 Posts
They aren't necessarily bad but I haven't checked, I still doubt they are bad, but a friend of mine was going to make some lines for his car. Since I'm planning to do a pretty nice brake upgrade soon I'd like to make some of my own lines while he was at it as well.
This is a monumental and pointless waste of time and effort. Go dig a hole and fill it back in.

·
In Æternum
17,155 Posts
There is no point - spend your time elsewhere.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Unless they're rusty or leaking or damaged (from wheel rubbing, for example), you won't find a better set of hard lines than what are on the car already.

I had metal brake lines leak (due to rust) on my Impala so I installed all new ones that I cut and bent myself, which included flaring all the ends and using new fittings. Even though I had the old lines to use as a pattern, it was a LOT of work. Countless hours of adjusting and re-bending and trimming and even then I had a few pieces I had to chop up and re-flare because some of the flares leaked the first time. Not something I'd choose to do just for fun.

·
In Æternum
17,155 Posts
I had metal brake lines leak (due to rust) on my Impala
Ah, Chevy break lines.

I had every. single. line. blow on my Astro. Let that sink in -- that's 7 total lines (the Astro had single-channel rear ABS). OK, in reality I had 4 lines blow on the Astro and replaced the others because it was a deathtrap.

·
Little Homie
12,941 Posts
Ah, Chevy break lines.

I had every. single. line. blow on my Astro. Let that sink in -- that's 7 total lines (the Astro had single-channel rear ABS). OK, in reality I had 4 lines blow on the Astro and replaced the others because it was a deathtrap.
Chrysler and Toyota used to have a terrible time with brake lines as well. Probably the same supplier.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts