Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the car brand new and have not done any mods. By the time I had my second oil change, etc... there were two baseball sizes dents on the top part of the front bumper and the sti upgrade grill had crackled. My local dealer said it had been caused by heat from the exhaust of a truck I must have parked behind. My insurance replaced the grill and fixed the dents no more than 4 months ago. Now the dents are coming back and today i noticed the top portion of both mirror bodies is warping. Has anyone else had this issue?

·
Super Moderator
10,914 Posts
That is not normal and you’d have to have seriously hot exhaust to warp it.

·
Registered
338 Posts
That dealer is full of ****. No truck exhaust is hot enough to do that kind of damage. Pics might help but something isnt right at all

·
Registered
77 Posts
Exhaust of truck in front of you in parking lot absolutely would do it if it is parked close, and idling for a length of time. The fact that it is coming back now tells me they did not replace the bumper but filled and blended the dent with a urethane bondo-like product made for urethane bumpers. Or maybe just bondo. Heat causing expansion at different rates, etc causing dents to come back would be my guess. You got me on the mirror body warping though, unless it is simply faulty parts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts