Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

I just recently installed the COBB AP on my 2017 WRX. Some details about the setup,

-Map: 2017 WRX 6MT, Stage 1+ COBB BIG SF - 91 OCT
-Install: Checked all clamps, hoses and MAF sensor, all seem to be tight.

I am consistently seeing a drop in my DAM, the first time was down to 0.438 then back to 1.000 over time.
Now it dropped back down to 0.625 and is rising back to 1.000 again.

I've attached two logs to this post. Could anyone tell me what's going on?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B0KEbKhZxojdZFhEUVNJbHhOMTQ?usp=sharing

Gadget Electronics Technology Electronic device Multimedia

· In Æternum
23,698 Posts
Do you have a big SF intake?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

· For External Use Only
3,884 Posts
Yes. I just flashed it to STG1+BIGSF Economy mode and it seemed to smooth out. We'll see with more driving.
Economy mode is for low boost, non spirited driving. It expressly exclaims it isn't for spirited driving in the map notes. It's a map to neuter your car and get gas mileage....

· For External Use Only
3,884 Posts
I think it's probably the safest thing to use while I'm waiting to get a tune within the next couple weeks.

If you're getting a tune in a couple of weeks why not just set it back to stock to be on the safe side?

You left that info out in the initial post.

If it were my car, 100% that's what I'd do.

· Village Idiot
3,468 Posts
If you're getting a tune in a couple of weeks why not just set it back to stock to be on the safe side?

You left that info out in the initial post.

If it were my car, 100% that's what I'd do.
Either do this, or call Cobb.

· In Æternum
23,698 Posts
The DAM was initially designed primarily for octane compensation. Do you always fill up at the same station?

Also, doesn't Cobb have an ACN map particularly for Arizona/California/Nevada **** gas?

The FA20F has a new ECU architecture that supposedly activates the KCA tables more frequently for general knock compensation. I'd also check for boost leaks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.