Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bit of paint damage and I would like to do some touch up. A few tiny chips on my doorside (a pen would suffice) and a lot more damage on my bumper. It seems that 2015+ WR Blue models had their paint codes changed to K7X but I can't seem to find a touch up paint product with consistent results. Everything seems hit or miss... even ones with OEM tagged. Anyone have any suggestions for product? I see Dr. Colorchip often recommended but also can't find many before/after results in blue.

· Banned
531 Posts
unfortunately the point of the touch up paint is not to exactly match your paint as the pearl would be impossible to recreate with a pen. The touch up paint it to cover any chips and scratches that exposes bare metals and prevent moisture and corrosive elements from eating your body panel inside out.

· Not a mod... or is he? Or, is he not?
15,792 Posts
I got a bottle from my dealership for my DGM that matches almost perfectly. Have you tried there? You may also be able to source some fingernail polish. I used to use it on my jeeps. You may have to go to a beauty supply shop to find a good match but it comes in every imaginable hue.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

· Registered
94 Posts

· Registered
417 Posts
good luck, to my knowledge my entire car is WRB, yet, in direct sunlight, my rear bumper looks different than the rest of the car. i cant tell if its the top coat or the color is off, but it is slightly off. this is a 2018 100% stock car. i dont really care as i doubt the average person would even notice and i have no plans to ever showcase my car in any way but it is there nonetheless.

so the point is that there is a spectrum of WRB even from the factory. your paint pen will likely not be perfect ither...

that said i ordered some gun metal touch up color for my g37 to do a few touch-ups before returning it at the end of my lease and it matched very closely. so to throw another hat into the ring, you could try https://www.automotivetouchup.com that is probably where ill get paint for my wrx when the inevitable rocks begin assaulting me.

one final thing, i think having a brush and a bottle of paint is better than the felt pen things... im sure some people swear by the pens and hate brushes but i personally much prefer a brush for painting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.