Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE 2017 WRX AND CURRENTLY RUNNING THE MAP OTS STAGE 2 TUNE WITH MAP INTAKE,CATLESS DOWN PIPE,AND TOMEI EXPREME CBE. I NOTICED 2 WEEKS AGO SINCE INSTALLING THIS ON THE CAR AFTER THE CAR GETS HOT,NORMAL CITY DRIVING THE CAR SMOKES AND SMELLS A BIT OF OIL. WONDERING WHAT CAN IT BE AND WHAT CAN BE DONE. I KNOW IT IS TURBO AND NOT ENGINE RELATED.

· I Drink & I Know Things
2,532 Posts
1. Welcome
2. Are you sure the OTS tune you are using supports your current JPipe?
3. If 'NO' to #2, you need to either put the stock hardware back on and flash to stock or get it pro-tuned immediately. Find a shop that can give your engine a good once over before actually tuning it, otherwise you may do further damage.

edit:
I would venture a guess that the smoke is the exhaust breaking in...
This is definitely possible and would be best case and considered normal. However, you still need to be concerned with unsupported hardware. You CAN cause major engine damage.

· Registered
3,060 Posts
Stage 2 OTS does not "support" a catless j-pipe. I would venture a guess that the smoke is the exhaust breaking in... Welcome.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.