ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there soon to be new wrx owner here, in preparation for the ownership of the new car I’m looking at purchasing a wing and I was found a 2017 trunk off an sti that is the same colour.. what is a good price to pay for the trunk?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Don't buy a new trunk. Find a STI owner who is willing to swap trunks with you. They're out there. I've considered trunk swapping my STI trunk with a WRX owner, but my wife says we paid $40,000 for our car so that other people will know what it is. (no we didn't)

You can go on your local social media groups and forums to try to find a STI owner with the same color to swap with. Be patient. Usually when you can find a STI owner willing to do the swap you'll have to compensate them a couple hundred dollars. Personally, if I ever to do the swap, I would ask the the WRX owner pay a shop to do the labor and compensate me for my factory carbon fiber trunk trim.

Just make sure you take a look at the paint before doing the swap to make sure it appears in good condition and well cared for.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
ProZach626
ClubWRX Forum
We invite you to join our Subaru Impreza WRX and STi community to discuss engine mods, builds, detailing, and more.
Full Forum Listing