Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

Looking through the threads, it doesn't seem like there is anything really up to date in regards to the latest radios that would fit the 2017 WRX.

I'd love to replace my stock radio, and am asking for suggestions, however I do have a few requirements:

Must tie in to stock Sirius system, whether through an adapter or not isn't too much of a concern.
Must tie in to steering wheel controls
Must be able to use stock USB ports in glove box.

Things that would be nice to have, but not required:

DVD/Blu-Ray playback
Navigation

Before I got the Subaru, I had a Pontiac G8, and I replaced the headunit with an android one. It was a cool headunit, but it took FOREVER to boot up. I'd like to have something that boots quickly, like the stock radio.

Thanks!

Paul

·
Registered
80 Posts
all you have to do is add the sxv-300 and do an esn swap with SAT company.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvxY-U3UZbo i made this video on the 17 wrx base model

everything is retained if you use the maestro rr unit for integration.

i would suggest the NEX4200 pioneer radio or higher at least. Kenwood and Alpine have some good units too. but bang for the buck its hard to beat the 4200NEX

·
Registered
338 Posts
English dude......ENglish... :)

·
Registered
247 Posts
there's usb ports in the glove box? :eek3:man I really don't know much about my car yet haha

·
Registered
80 Posts
English dude......ENglish... :)
i was typing and taking calls at work at the same time, everything he wants to do has been done....except the satellite retention (which is in the radio he would take out) and getting blu-ray....which is not even a thing ...and his phantom usbs in the glove box...

·
Registered
586 Posts
Posted elsewhere--I have a JL system which retains HU and features a DSP processor to connect to other parts of the system. Sirius and all features work exactly as OEM.

Car Audio - Processors - OEM Integration

·
Registered
338 Posts
i was typing and taking calls at work at the same time, everything he wants to do has been done....except the satellite retention (which is in the radio he would take out) and getting blu-ray....which is not even a thing ...and his phantom usbs in the glove box...
No worries phd, I was just kidding. You had a bunch of acronyms and abbreviations I just chuckled. Reminded me of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25Nc8qI8iQM

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Whoops, sorry. Mistype. I meant usb's in the console.

Sad to hear blu-ray in car stereos isnt a thing.

I'll check out the vid, and suggestions. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just ordered an '18 WRX but skipped the upgraded audio b/c I'm going to have a Pioneer AVIC 8200 NEX dropped in with a Phoenix Gold speaker/amp system so I can get Android Auto and Navigation.

I was hoping to integrate the idatalink Meastro in order to get at the vehicle data, such as TPMS as well as other gages and codes. However, apparently Subaru doesn't publish much data on the CANBUS? I should say they don't publish TPMS apparently as it can't be displayed via the idatalink:thumbdown

Anyone able to display TPMS data via any other method (OBDII port, etc?)

·
Registered
80 Posts
I just ordered an '18 WRX but skipped the upgraded audio b/c I'm going to have a Pioneer AVIC 8200 NEX dropped in with a Phoenix Gold speaker/amp system so I can get Android Auto and Navigation.

I was hoping to integrate the idatalink Meastro in order to get at the vehicle data, such as TPMS as well as other gages and codes. However, apparently Subaru doesn't publish much data on the CANBUS? I should say they don't publish TPMS apparently as it can't be displayed via the idatalink:thumbdown

Anyone able to display TPMS data via any other method (OBDII port, etc?)
we are currently working on an update to the maestro RR and making a t harness for it, i am hoping for late july/ early august to have it done. We are looking at adding meta-data and tpms to the update. I can promise it, but they are trying to get it to work

1 - 15 of 15 Posts