Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2016 wrx took 3 attempts to start today.

I'm might not have let it crank long enough the first attempt 2nd attempt I let it crank a few seconds (many times longer than it should take). Third attempt it cranks a little longer than normal and it starts. This wasn't a cold start in the morning this was while I was out shopping...

This has happened 2 other times over the last 9 months or so. I took it in to the dealer after the second time last spring and the dealer said they couldn't find anything wrong. They said they'd have to catch it in the act, and it is extremly rare so I don't see that happening.

Has anyone else had similar issues?

·
Registered
2,014 Posts

·
Registered
2015 ISM WRX Premium
206 Posts
This happened for the first month on my 15 Premium when I first bought it, scared to bejesus out of me. Took it to a local tuner shop when the dealer said they couldn't find the issue and they hooked up an OBD2 scanner and reset the ECU and d/c the battery completely. I waited about 2 hours at the shop and they connected it back up and it's been fine ever since. No clue what it was but they dealt with it before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This happened for the first month on my 15 Premium when I first bought it, scared to bejesus out of me. Took it to a local tuner shop when the dealer said they couldn't find the issue and they hooked up an OBD2 scanner and reset the ECU and d/c the battery completely. I waited about 2 hours at the shop and they connected it back up and it's been fine ever since. No clue what it was but they dealt with it before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You think you were scared, I begrudgingly traded my 06 mini in for my wrx because the mini had an issue on sub freezing days where it would crank and not start. If my dealer or my mechanic had been able to diagnose it, I'd have just kept fixing the mini.
So when the wrx cranked and didn't start the first time my heart skipped a few beats.:eek3:

(It was actually pure luck I was able to drive the mini in for trade. It wouldn't start the previous weekend)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts