ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, new here, purchased my 16 WRX back in August of last year and have loved it so far. It threw a code the other day and I took it in for a recall job at a local Subaru dealer. They performed the recall, and checked the code and it was the rear O2 sensor. I've replaced numerous O2 sensors throughout my life so figured no big deal. Ordered the part, got the old one unthreaded but cannot for the life of me get the damn thing unplugged from the harness. Looking at the new one I do not see any obvious areas to push on to get the old one to unclip. Usually I've seen O2 sensors with the little piece you push back on with your thumb and pull out the sensor, but this one looks to be internal. It obviously has room for a flat head screw driver but theres so little room next to the engine block I can't fit anything in there properly. I've been at it for two hours and getting incredibly frustrated.

TL;DR Can't unplug my old O2 sensor, can someone give me some direction please. Thanks so much!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts