Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2016 WRX and I was wondering if anyone can help me out. 3 codes come up on my access port and they are: P000C, P0020, P0021. I recently brought my car to the dealership to get an oil change and oil was spilled on what I believe to be a camshaft sensor. It's right below the oil cap in the front of the engine on the right side if you are looking at the engine. The car runs rough on start and when I drive and throw it into neutral it will stall out at times. I'm trying to save myself money so if anyone can help me out it will be greatly appreciated! Land vehicle Vehicle Car Rim Automotive design

· Not a mod... or is he? Or, is he not?
15,787 Posts
It doesn't work like that. Unless you have a mod that directly deals with that sensor. Plus, they messed it up according to your story. You fixing it is a waste of money when it is warrantied and damaged by their hands

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well according to them all the sensors are good and the oil has no effect on that sensor. I don't know if they were just saying that because they don't wanna fix there mistake or what but yeah. this is what i have to deal with. The dealership i brought my car to is by far the worst service ever. They say they can't warranty anything because my car is modded and overtime I've brought my car to them, my car has left with a different problem.

· Not a mod... or is he? Or, is he not?
15,787 Posts
The only advice I can offer is to check the wiring, clear the codes, or replace the sensor. I doubt the belt is bad but if a cam is out of phase you could have the error.

I would drive the car to the next dealer and have them address it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah I've been really considering it because this dealership is really bad and not trust worthy. All my friends would rather drive an hour or so to the next closest dealership rather than go to the one in town.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.