Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mileage: 14.5k

Symptoms: Hear a high pitched squeak sporadically when applying mild pressure to the brakes, if I press harder the squeak goes away.

How I drive: I don't brake hard, in fact, I prefer to mix up braking with down shifting. I think I may have braked once hard but then again I got the car at 9.4k miles back in June. The dealers claimed the brakes were in perfect condition when I took it to them last week.

I tend to wash my car once a week but I DONT think this could be the issue as I would think the squeak would go away after a couple days no?

What I've done so far:
I took the car to the dealers and they said they took apart the brakes but couldn't find anything (might take it to another shop). I know cold air/moisture can cause this but all those theories have been disproven as it's been an ongoing issue for the past couple weeks in all sorts of conditions (yay Minnesota weather). Not really sure what to do now at this point...

If anyone has any ideas that would be great!

Thanks!

·
For External Use Only
2,488 Posts
They're performance brakes. They're going to make some noise from time to time.

Especially after they've gotten wet, or if they encounter a small obstacle, etc.

·
Water.....sometimes waves
1,611 Posts
my rotors get enough surface rust sitting overnight to give me a squeek every morning.
constant day-in day-out all-day every-day I do not think that is normal though.
I'd be thinking like irickchad said - something between pad/rotor, or perhaps a pad imperfection itself.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea I agree with irikchad, I heard if they aren't used like performance brakes you can expect this from the dealers. I'm guessing it will just continually be sporadic.

Just depressing when you come rolling up with a fun car but an awful squeak :(.

Sorry to hear about your case rqjoe that sounds a lot worse. I know that back when I was in the WRX it had a similar problem and then it just disappeared...guessing this will be the same case.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts