Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

So I bought a Subaru STI Limited - but it does NOT come with any keys. I saw a local dealer, who states that it will take up to a week to get the key working. Basically he quoted $250 for the remote Fob, $111 for the key and then $125 for programming - but since I dont have original keys, another $250 to remove transponder from the car (undo the whole dash per dealer) and ship that back to Subaru with the new key to have it programed. So all together $736 plus taxes to get first working key.

I have not started to call lock smiths yet - dealer claimed that Ebay bought Key Fobs are *NOT* programmable for Smart Subaru Keys - and all listings on ebay state that as long as FCC number matches, the Subaru fobs are re-programmable, no issue.

I would appreciate some help.

Thanks

·
Registered
367 Posts
Call another dealer, Even if its in another state or city to get a price quote and ask them questions. You could also ask Subaru themselves these questions. While that price doesn't sound that crazy I would get second quotes. Also I'm curious how you don't have the key, did you buy it from a dealer or some guy? Seems pretty sketchy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts