Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2015 subaru wrx
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 subaru wrx,it is a daily driver stock right now,wanting to put a invidia r400 catback exhaust and a cold air intake, my question is will I need a tune and will the intake make my car less reliable?

·
Super Moderator
12,411 Posts
Yes it will need a tune for the intake. Cobb only supports Cobb intakes anything else will require further custom mapping.

Short answer on reliability, yes. Long answer yes but it's complicated.

·
Registered
2015 subaru wrx
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it will need a tune for the intake. Cobb only supports Cobb intakes anything else will require further custom mapping.

Short answer on reliability, yes. Long answer yes but it's complicated.
Awesome thanks for the info, not interested in doing a tune,the catback exhaust would be fine though?

·
Registered
2021 wrx limited
51 Posts
I put a r400 gemini on my 21 limited. The sound can vary at times from the sweetest sound to a low but still higher rumble then the stock exhaust. I also put the polished silver tips on mine. That was the hardest part for me. Figuring which tips to put on.

·
Registered
2015 subaru wrx
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I put a r400 gemini on my 21 limited. The sound can vary at times from the sweetest sound to a low but still higher rumble then the stock exhaust. I also put the polished silver tips on mine. That was the hardest part for me. Figuring which tips to put on.
I hear ya,I'm thinking of black tips but I've had the factory for a year now,love the chrome look but I've got a black and red combo on my car,I think the black tips would look dope

1 - 7 of 7 Posts