Subaru WRX Forum banner
61 - 80 of 108 Posts
So this means if I drive to work, 2 mile commute, my car will never get ot of CSE. It takes me 5 minutes to get to work. Do all cars do this or is this a Subaru thang?
Engine needs to reach to working temp before it can function by proper performance. Therefore, all CEs have this warming period. Older engines had manual control so driver would have to give more gas and less air to the engine. This is normal. My mpg is 15 because I have 1.5mile to work and this is not enough time for engine to warm-up.
Good thing with short commute is that I refill it once in 2 weeks if I don't get crazy and go for joy drive.

On my 15 WRx Ltd 6mt std, purchased 6/7/14, now with 6800 mi, long trips, highway at 75-80mph, 25mpg., stopngo short trips 22. sunday moderately hard running 19 mpg. Last Sunday some college gymkhana runs on hot asphalt, with tire pressure bumped 4 psi 17.5

Discussion starter · #63 ·
Just hit 5000 miles, 24.3 mpg lifetime average. The majority, 80 percent or better of my driving is city.

Discussion starter · #66 ·
Discussion starter · #67 ·
7,500 on the clock, and lifetime has dropped to 24.1 MPG. Winter formula I suppose.

Is it just me, or does the average MPG listed on by the car seem to be estimated high? I usually calculate my MPG at the pump, and I come out ~2 MPG less than what the car states. Just started using Fuelly (1 fill up so far), and I got 28 MPG at the last fill-up; Car stated 30.6 MPG before resetting the Trip meter.

Is it just me, or does the average MPG listed on by the car seem to be estimated high? I usually calculate my MPG at the pump, and I come out ~2 MPG less than what the car states. Just started using Fuelly (1 fill up so far), and I got 28 MPG at the last fill-up; Car stated 30.6 MPG before resetting the Trip meter.
Pretty standard. At first, my car's MPG gauge read low. Now it reads high.

7,500 miles on my '15 WRX and still reads 2 MPG higher than it really is..

Cool, glad it's not just me... or the gas station fiddling with their pump numbers.

Still, I'm impressed by the '15 WRX MPG numbers - in the last 100 miles, I've gotten 31.9 MPG according to the car, which I'm going to guess is 29ish in actuality. My driving is a mix of 20/80 city/hwy on mostly rural roads.

On my 2015 ltd, 6mt,wrb, sits with 12,800 mi since June, high mpg has been 31.2 when constant speed on interstate at 72mph. Use 93 octane when I can find it, usually 91 is best available. MPG daily with occasional high speed runs (up to 95mph) goes down to 18.3. I didn't buy this for mileage, but I consider this excellent considering below zero temp and my driving style. I always want more power, but she runs so well and handles so well the way it is, I am not touching it for a while. BTW, was awesome in last storm of 18 inches snow (roads plowed, but some areas had 6", not plowed much... in central Maine)

I've got about 1200 miles on my '15 WRX Limited 6MT, I've been getting an average MPG of 28-32 MPG per trip on my commute. I warm my car up for about 5 mins in the morning as well because of the cold new england weather (10's through mid 20's in the morning since I've had my WRX in my hands for the last week and a half)

My average distance driven on my commute (each way) is about 40 miles.

cvt, getting combined 16.7 but i warm up car a alot and have very small commutes to the gym or so which is about .5 mile. lol ya , on long highways, i usually get somewhere between 25-28. only got 438 miles on her.

61 - 80 of 108 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.