Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I know this might already be on the forum but I couldn't find it. My questions are has anyone decided or know if a HID conversation can be done for the limited LED wrx headlights basically can I remove the whole LED bits from the housing and replace it with the BI-XENON MORIMOTO MINI D2S 4.0 PROJECTOR PACKAGE and if not. if I can get my hands on the halogen version to do this on has anyone figured out how to cancel the headlight out warning that comes up? the reason for doing this is because i'm building a set of lights that no longer have the highbeam section that'll be blocked off with a formed piece of plastic cut to match the shape of the high beam section and use the bi-xeon for high and low beam this is what I thought subaru should of done in the first place not sure why they didnt. The reason for me wanting to do this is for two reasons, one reason being I think it'll look really nice and it'll be better than the LED ones I find the the LED ones are useless on wet pavement and aren't very bright the other reason is my battery slipped into the black balancer thing and appears to have broken it slightly so rather than spend another 1700 plus dollars to replace another headlight I rather do things this way hopefully (yes 1700 plus dollars is how much subaru sells the LED limited headlights for in Canada) if anyone has a set of lights they want to donate i'd be cool with that ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I looked at them and they are nice I just don't know how good the LED is going to be and what the pricing and availability will be like. They are my plan b if I cant sell my limited LED headlights by then.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts