Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
The other day I installed DW fuel pump in my 2017 wrx which is running E85. After install it ran great no issues but the day after i was in 6th gear under maybe 10 pounds of boost and the A/F was bouncing from 0 to +/- 17. than CEL came on threw 2 codes- p0087 and p0088 (fuel rails/system pressure too low/too high). that caused a major loss in power had trouble keeping it at 65mph. engine was sputtering like crazy. Just put the old pump back in and it seems to be running fine. Any ideas what might of caused this?

·
Super Moderator
11,121 Posts
Could be a bad pump or something was loose in the wiring.

I can’t relate specifically to your exact situation but the only time I’ve seen a similar issue is when I had a failing fuel pump.

Do keep an eye on your high pressure pump. They don’t last long with e85. Good luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do keep an eye on your high pressure pump. They don’t last long with e85. Good luck
Keep an eye as in watch the pressure on the AP? i dont think its a failing pump because it is brand new. the fuel filter had a 90 degree bend in it in the tank assembly, could the filter be restircting fuel flow ?

·
Super Moderator
11,121 Posts
Keep an eye as in watch the pressure on the AP? i dont think its a failing pump because it is brand new. the fuel filter had a 90 degree bend in it in the tank assembly, could the filter be restircting fuel flow ?
That’s one way. However you may want to have it inspected the high ethanol content will prevent lubrication causing it to seize.

It’s just best to catch it before catastrophic failure.

That filter could be the issue sure. So could leaks as mentioned before

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That’s one way. However you may want to have it inspected the high ethanol content will prevent lubrication causing it to seize.

It’s just best to catch it before catastrophic failure.

That filter could be the issue sure. So could leaks as mentioned before
Yup. Pretty sure HPFP is shot. Pressure dropped down to like 50 and doesn't change.

·
Super Moderator
11,121 Posts
Before you resign yourself to that fate have a good performance shop take a look at it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts