Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time poster here--
So I just bought a used 2015 WRX with 37k miles on it. So far the car has amazed me in every way besides one issue..around my 500th mile of driving the car I came to a stop at a red light and I was unable to shift into any gear including reverse. This happened just about a quarter mile after I had started up the car on a warm start and drawn out second gear to the first light. When engaging the clutch I thought the pedal felt abnormally loose(not major but noticeable) and slight burning smell in the cabin. Then she wouldn't go into any gear. I shut it off and rolled backward a little and after 2-3 times of turning off then on I was able to get it into gear....The issue hasn't replicated in the following 200ish miles Ive drove since.
This is my first subie but I learned a stick when I was 6 so save the 'you're not driving it right' please lol id like to hear some personal experiences with this issue if anyones has had a similar problem. -Thats not to say I havent tested the performance..but well below what would be considered abuse. It was a Red Flag to me this car has already had 3 owners in only 37k miles, but the history was clean as far as the dealer could provide. I am going back in to get a free oil change soon but I feel as though this is something I should take up with SOA ?? Appreciate any insight !!

·
Super Moderator
10,966 Posts
You probably just fell in a strange spot and needed to move the gears for a smooth engagement it happens. You may look into shifter bushings to tighten up any linkage and maybe take some slop out easing the issue a bit.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You probably just fell in a strange spot and needed to move the gears for a smooth engagement it happens. You may look into shifter bushings to tighten up any linkage and maybe take some slop out easing the issue a bit.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Thanks for the reply man. Ive put on an additional 1000 miles since the first occurrence and she has performed flawlessly. Also disabled hill assist after reading claims of easier shifting, but I think this to be a placebo effect, although it made first gear take offs feel smoother IMO. Hopefully this was just a freak incident but will inspect the bushings during an upcoming shift stop installation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts