Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So about a month ago, I bought a used 2015 WRX with about 22K miles on it. A couple of weeks ago, I noticed a bit of an odor. I had a friend take a look at it as he knows the Subi's better than me. He thought it might be the turbo but nothing to worry about.

On Saturday I was driving on the highway. I started having issues with shifting. I'd shift into the next gear and it would start out ok but then the RPM's would fly up to 5 or 6k RPM's and then go back to normal. This is with me going normally off the line. No WOT. Next thing I notice is a bunch of white smoke behind my car. I pull over and shut the car down. Take a look at the engine and there is smoke coming from underneath and did it ever smell! I start the car again and put into first gear. Car won't move. Nothing at all. Call Subaru and they send a tow truck.

The dealership confirmed this morning that it's a blown clutch. He then said that the warranty claim will be denied if there is evidence of "abuse". I told him that I've only had the car for the month and the original owner bought it from the dealership where I have the car at. In fact I'm still learning how to handle the AWD properly before doing anything major though I did do the exhaust on Friday. I haven't been driving the car hard yet so hopefully the warranty claim goes through....

·
Super Moderator
10,985 Posts
Hope for the best and prepare for the worst. I've seen this type of thing go both ways.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Æternum
15,576 Posts
Just be honest and ethical and they'll probably throw you a bone.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you have the service records from the previous owner? It might help deny the abuse claim.
No but I took it to the dealership where it was originally purchased so I think they had some history on it. And I flat out told them I only had it for a month when the clutch went. They ended up covering under warranty. It's now driving a lot better. Not as stiff but damn does it have a short shift now compared to before.

·
Super Moderator
10,985 Posts
No but I took it to the dealership where it was originally purchased so I think they had some history on it. And I flat out told them I only had it for a month when the clutch went. They ended up covering under warranty. It's now driving a lot better. Not as stiff but damn does it have a short shift now compared to before.
Good to hear it worked in your favor. Makes the car way more enjoyable when it is working correctly

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts