Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've watched a few YouTube videos where some guys have wrapped interior trim panels of their cars and was intrigued by this as a possibility for my WRX.

Here are my questions.

1. How difficult is it to remove the various trim pieces and replace them after they've been wrapped. Which pieces were the hardest vs. the ones that were really easy?
2. Where can you find the best vinyl that is fairly easy to apply?
3. Any hidden gotchas or tips that make the job harder/easier?

The first piece that I'm looking at changing is the passenger/driver carbon fiber trim piece. I like the carbon fiber look, but I'd like to have a little color or even a brushed aluminum look. Something that matches the Galaxy Blue exterior. I've attached one that I think might work well.

The next piece that I might look at changing is the shift trim. I'd love for the WRX lettering to stand out like it does on the STI.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
I wrapped some pieces of my interior. I found that most pieces were pretty easy, the ones near the deck took alittle muscle to get out but wasn't bad. Xacto Knife is your best friend when cutting edges near the trim. Patience is key if you're using the hair dryer method slowly pull it smooth along the way and don't wrap under the pieces of trim or it wont fit right. ALSO try and make sure if you get a pattern design like carbon fiber that the design flows the same way instead of opposites, it looks much cleaner. Best of luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts