ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Read Only
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read older threads about this but haven't actually come across any answers. I have a 2015 WRX and I'm trying to find a solution to disable our bypass the speed limiter/govenor. Currently it maxes out at 154 mph. I'm in 5th gear when it hits its limit at about 5k rpms. It's heavily modified and I'm pushing 500whp. I've asked my tuner and have been told it can't be changed by accessport.

·
Premium Member
10,952 Posts
I can't imagine how your tuner couldn't bypass it. It's pointless anyway because there is nowhere in the us you can drive that fast.

·
Read Only
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I keep seeing where people say "It's pointless anyway because there is nowhere in the us you can drive that fast." I've already maxed mine out several times. So you can go that fast and I could've gone faster had it not had a limiter on it.

·
Premium Member
10,952 Posts
There probably isn't anyone here that will help you further endanger lives. Contact your tuner. If they say no, well that's all there is to it. If they had sense they would set it at 55

·
Read Only
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why do you assume I'm endangering lives? For one, I'm sure you've driven yours more than 55 mph. For 2 I race mine on a track. Try not to jump to conclusion before asking. I would have gladly mentioned that. I live in VA and in my area there are several tracks in driving distance.

·
Read Only
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I understand. Think you for your time and consideration. If you're upset there is no need. My reply was not meant to have any sarcasm. I was just explaining why I was looking because I felt as though you were trying to personally attack me over a misunderstanding. But hey no worries. Again thank you for chiming in.

·
Premium Member
10,952 Posts
I have a fair idea how the governor works and I have a fair idea how it is disabled although. The only option is the person who tuned your vehicle. If they didn't disable it there is a reason. I'm going out on a limb and guess your tuner knew better than disabling it.

·
Read Only
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok. Thank you. I will ask my tuner again. I was just trying to make my car more competitive at VIR once racing is allowed again. But clearly I can tell you think I have altererare motives.

·
Premium Member
10,952 Posts
That's the best deal. I know enough of accesstuner to kind of understand what needs to change but not enough to guarantee it. I also don't think it's information your average flat bill needs.

If you are hitting those speeds on there id suggest looking into something safer than a wrx.

·
Æternum
20,438 Posts
Let's see some photos of your car on VIR.

I, for one, am very interested in the racing series that allows you to run a 500whp WRX. You know, the one you want to be more competitive in.

I'm also curious how your tuner has the wherewithal to build a 500whp WRX (no easy nor cheap task I assure you) but has not figured out how to change the speed limiter. It's really easy BTW.

I'm also pretty impressed that you have managed to hit 155mph on the front straight of VIR's grand course (1/2 mile) immediately following a hair pin, particularly hit the speed limiter to the point that you believe it would improve your overall lap times.

·
Read Only
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Talked to my tuner today. Those tables are there like zax showed. They just only go to 157/158. And I haven't raced it there yet. I had planned on it this year. That's why I built the car. Also I don't need to prove anything to anyone. I just simply reached out for an answer to a question. I've been polite with all my replies unlike you. I'm 40 years old and don't talk to people with disrespect in person and sure as hell don't except it in person. I joined this group because I thought it would be a place to communicate with respectful and decent WRX enthusiasts. The both of you have proven that is not the case.

·
Premium Member
10,952 Posts
We have been here for a while. I know for a fact if you own a vehicle capable of reaching the speeds you are talking about on the track you referenced then you would well be aware of the answers, or have access to someone who wouldn't lie to you.

I'm pushing towards 40 myself and I know that if you were that serious about those speeds and had the money to make a Subaru reach them on a race track then you wouldn't have a Subaru. Will your car hit it's governor? Probably. On that track inside of class rules and regulations you have to follow to race? No.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,111 Posts
What's the drag on the newer cars? My older car has a Cd = 0,33 or so and it seemed OK at the time but comparing how it feels (nothing remotely scientific, just feel) at speed vs. another car I have that's Cd 0,27 or so, I could swear one reason the Impreza falls on its face is that it's designed like the mainsail on a yacht.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts