Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I have always wanted a completely wingless WRX ever since I saw my first STi in 04 without a wing. I have a 2020 WRX with the low profile spoiler, and I know there are 5 holes behind the low pro spoiler, so I either want to get the holes filled, or find someone with a clean rear end with no holes.

What should I expect to pay for fill/paint if I go that route?

Does anyone want to trade their trunk for a spoiler version?

THis is exactly what I am looking for in LPB:

·
Registered
2020 Subaru WRX
447 Posts
Didn’t think there was an option for a shaved trunk lid. Probably gonna cost you ~$500 for a proper fill and respray.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Didn’t think there was an option for a shaved trunk lid. Probably gonna cost you ~$500 for a proper fill and respray.
Hmmm, that is disheartening. I am leery to buy the hole delete that is attached via 3M double sided tape.

·
Registered
558 Posts
If you can find someone with a 2015 trunk lid you might be able to work a trade since the 2015 came without a spoiler . . . or at least it did with my base 2015 WRX. If memory serves me right you could get a spoiler as an option.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Is trunk swapping with a stock Impreza a thing? You wouldn't even have to worry about torsion bars, so it could be done in a parking lot in an hour.

edit - Disregard. Different trunks/rear end.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you can find someone with a 2015 trunk lid you might be able to work a trade since the 2015 came without a spoiler . . . or at least it did with my base 2015 WRX. If memory serves me right you could get a spoiler as an option.
I don’t think they had LBP in 2015. I think that was a 16+ color. EIther way, I bought the hole delete thing for $130 so I will hopefully have that in my hands in about a week.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2015 without the spoiler. Just a heads up, the back end gets super light above 105 mph. Keep the spoiler if you want to run safely at speed.:)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the fake spoilerette on the back, not the actual spoiler. I guess if I ever decide to rice out my ride, I can put a god awful wing on the back for additional down force. Not sure why I would do that because I can’t get a LSD for my 2020 easily I think.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I have a 2015 without the spoiler. Just a heads up, the back end gets super light above 105 mph. Keep the spoiler if you want to run safely at speed.:)
Not at speeds 99% of us will ever use. Even then, the difference is minimal, and not noticeable. Placebo affect.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got the thing out of the box and put it on the car today.

Old and broken:

New and improved:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts