Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So i have a 15 sti on its second short block and turbo compliments of the Subaru delaership. A few weeks ago I was driving to work and noticed my car feeling sluggish and not as quick as usuall. I reset my boost gauge and it showed me 9.3 lbs of peak boost under any load i threw at it. The problem worsened on the ride home, boost dropped to 6 lbs and the car started to buck and really struggle in the 2500-3000 rpm range and then would rev and settle back down. No CEL, no codes but a DAM that could not adjust and Fine Knock and learned knock readings in the 10 and 11s.

I dropped the car of at Subaru and in a few days they told me I had a clogged and broken Cat in my stock downpipe and they assumed that was the problem. It was not so they claimed to continue to work on it and then said that they updated the software on the ECU? Never heard of this. I asked if he meant they tuned it but he said no it was different. They were convinced it was fixed after a 5 minute test drive they achieved 16.9 lbs of boost and called it a day.

As soon as i picked up the car and got out of traffic where i could get on it, at 75% throttle the car hesitated (much more than normal) until 3200 rpm at which point the turbo kicked in for a max peak boost of 9 once again. problem worsened the next morning and it is back in the shop for 3 business days now and they have not figured it out. HELP ME HELP THEM PLEASE! Nobody seems to know what is going on so if you can throw me ideas you could really be helping me and the community on a 15+ issue in development here.

· In Æternum
23,698 Posts
Where do you live? It would be very informative to see a datalog here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately I have no datalog where I have been running the car stock for a few weeks prior to it going in. i just remeber the last readings before i uninstalled to test if it was tune related or mechanical. Since nothing changed upon uninstalling and resetting the ecu, i believe that ,means it is a mechanical issue unless you know otherwise. Massachusetts btw.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.