Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Proud to say that I am a new 2017 WRX Pure Red base owner. Just got her last Tuesday. The first night Inhad her I couldn't sleep so I went online and bought $360 worth of stuff from subiespeed.

Anywho on to my solution to the front lip gap. Basically I had a rubber 4" base from Home depot that I was going to do something with it years ago for a front lip for my old car. I cut a piece of it and installed it on the gap part of the lip. The picture tells the whole story.

Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
I didn't have a gap when I put my front lip on. Seems like there are so many different makers of lips these days. The lips really makes there cars, looks so much better then stock. I have to put a new lip on this spring, had a little incident with a posum crossing the road at 4am one day and the lip is gone lol.

·
For External Use Only
2,488 Posts
Sorry you spent money at Subispeed, in the future, there are much better vendors.

You could've used a heat gun to help reshape the gap in your lip, but your solution looks fine. Congrats on the new ride and lip!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Not a lot of love for Subispeed here...

Anybody want to recommend their favorite front lip underspoiler (and where to get it of course)?

·
For External Use Only
2,488 Posts
Not a lot of love for Subispeed here...

Anybody want to recommend their favorite front lip underspoiler (and where to get it of course)?
I currently have the JNA V1, It looks good, was cheap, and the guys over there are great. They now have a V2 which looks even better. Just google JNA Performance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess I didn't do enough research regarding subispeed. What's wrong with them? Bad costumer service?

·
For External Use Only
2,488 Posts
I guess I didn't do enough research regarding subispeed. What's wrong with them? Bad costumer service?
There's plenty of threads on here about it, you just have to look in the right places.

People have had CC Info stolen, received the wrong parts, faulty parts, etc, and then been charged "Restocking" fees, Restocking fees once people cancelled pre-order products that took MONTHS longer than they were supposed to to ship out, etc. Just bad news from a lot of people, so I shy away.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There's plenty of threads on here about it, you just have to look in the right places.

People have had CC Info stolen, received the wrong parts, faulty parts, etc, and then been charged "Restocking" fees, Restocking fees once people cancelled pre-order products that took MONTHS longer than they were supposed to to ship out, etc. Just bad news from a lot of people, so I shy away.
Wow. Ok thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had a JNA lip on my car as well, the are pretty local to me so I save on shipping and just pick up at the shop.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Sorry you spent money at Subispeed, in the future, there are much better vendors.

You could've used a heat gun to help reshape the gap in your lip, but your solution looks fine. Congrats on the new ride and lip!
Any specific advice for doing this? Just heat it and press it against the car? I went the cheap lip route and knew I would have some minor fit issues.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts