Subaru WRX Forum banner

2015+ best horn upgrade solution?

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Sasquatch 
#1 ·
I looked at Grimmspeed, Subispeed, and Subimods. The Subimods looks like the most integrated solution with a relay/plug'n play harness. Grimmspeed has a plug 'n play no-relay harness. All use the Hella horns. What do you guys recommend? With the a#$hole DC drivers cutting in front of me with exactly a car length of room, I'm tired of the "meep" horn in the Subaru.

#3 · (Edited)
Thanks. I'm going to go with the grimmspeed bracket and harness. Theirs locks level with 2 bolts, unlike the subimods one which has 1 bolt. If it's off-level, it'll drive me nuts. Their harness is similar without a relay, I don't need that last decibel, but it'll be a heck of lot better than stock.

For the horns, I decided to try the PIAA superior bass horns. They don't look nearly as cool as the hellas, but I think they'll sound a lot better. I have the PIAA sports in my jeep and they sounds great.

#5 ·
I have the Grimmspeed bracket and Grimmspeed harness... an extremely easy and I believe the cleanest install of them all. I don't know if you've seen my video on it, my channel is in my sig. They work well... one of my friends accidentally walked infront of the car while I was showing it another friend, didn't see him... needless to say he had some ringing in his ears lol.

#7 ·
I'm always very interested in these horn threads primarily because I rarely use my own horn. I also live in the Metro DC region, and believe the horn should only be used in an emergency situation to get the attention of another driver. I certainly don't feel that it's under-powered.

Angrily blaring (especially a loud) horn usually just creates more road rage and dangerous behavior. You may cite counter-examples, but I have plenty of my own.

The hella horn craze was a silly fad and seems to have reduced considerably.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.