Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked at Grimmspeed, Subispeed, and Subimods. The Subimods looks like the most integrated solution with a relay/plug'n play harness. Grimmspeed has a plug 'n play no-relay harness. All use the Hella horns. What do you guys recommend? With the a#$hole DC drivers cutting in front of me with exactly a car length of room, I'm tired of the "meep" horn in the Subaru.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I have the Subispeed Hela Sharp Tone horns and love them. Install is easy.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks. I'm going to go with the grimmspeed bracket and harness. Theirs locks level with 2 bolts, unlike the subimods one which has 1 bolt. If it's off-level, it'll drive me nuts. Their harness is similar without a relay, I don't need that last decibel, but it'll be a heck of lot better than stock.

For the horns, I decided to try the PIAA superior bass horns. They don't look nearly as cool as the hellas, but I think they'll sound a lot better. I have the PIAA sports in my jeep and they sounds great.

·
Registered
386 Posts
The Subispeed one uses one bolt and one push clip if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I have the Grimmspeed bracket and Grimmspeed harness... an extremely easy and I believe the cleanest install of them all. I don't know if you've seen my video on it, my channel is in my sig. They work well... one of my friends accidentally walked infront of the car while I was showing it another friend, didn't see him... needless to say he had some ringing in his ears lol.

·
Super Moderator
10,985 Posts
Train chimes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Æternum
15,576 Posts
I'm always very interested in these horn threads primarily because I rarely use my own horn. I also live in the Metro DC region, and believe the horn should only be used in an emergency situation to get the attention of another driver. I certainly don't feel that it's under-powered.

Angrily blaring (especially a loud) horn usually just creates more road rage and dangerous behavior. You may cite counter-examples, but I have plenty of my own.

The hella horn craze was a silly fad and seems to have reduced considerably.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I'm always very interested in these horn threads primarily because I rarely use my own horn. I also live in the Metro DC region, and believe the horn should only be used in an emergency situation to get the attention of another driver. I certainly don't feel that it's under-powered.

Angrily blaring (especially a loud) horn usually just creates more road rage and dangerous behavior. You may cite counter-examples, but I have plenty of my own.

The hella horn craze was a silly fad and seems to have reduced considerably.
I see too many people now days driving with headphones/ear buds. I don't think they'll hear your OEM horns very well.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I see too many people now days driving with headphones/ear buds now days. I don't think they'll hear your OEM horns very well.
This.... they are more functional to me then visual although admittedly the majority of people do it for the look.

I encounter so many motorists oblivious to their surroundings especially those lost in their phones. There have been a few times with the stock horn where they don't even acknowledge you honking at them. One guy just kept driving right into me while i was slamming on the horn... I had to quickly maneuver to another lane and he never stopped like the world belongs to him or something.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's for the people playing on their phones when the light finally turns green and they sit. I've been through 3, 5 min light cycles because of these morons.

·
Super Moderator
10,985 Posts
It's for the people playing on their phones when the light finally turns green and they sit. I've been through 3, 5 min light cycles because of these morons.
Throw hammers at their car, more effective.

·
Super Moderator
10,985 Posts
I like your style... :rotfl:
If you are sitting in your car when suddenly a barrage of hammers fly your way, you tend to stop and think "what am I doing that is bringing enough ire to warrant thrown hammers, perhaps I should not do this action any more"

·
Super Moderator
24,466 Posts
Thought about the upgrade, never got around to it.

Zax has a point, people are arseholes.

Throw hammers at their car, more effective.
Clarkson would do the same!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts