Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I just managed to get myself a 2014-MY2015 WRX Premium 70k on the clock, relatively new seemingly in great condition well serviced car. I test drove it and it was great, I didn’t thrash it much so I didn’t realise the issue however on my way home once the car was warmed up and I gave it some foot I noticed a problem.

The car seems to go fine as expected rather fast and smoothly up until 4K, then untill around 4.5k it has a slight loss of power almost as if I’m that specific range the turbo stops working as hard. Then once you pass the 4.5k range the boost kind of kicks back into action. There is this small bit weird gap of power loss there.

It is suttle, it’s not like the car complelty looses power but it dose not feel smooth and I’m sure it’s not right.

Is this just how these cars are now! Could mine have an issue, would a cob stage 1 fix this or shall I try sell the car to someone who dose not care about the slight power loss?

I used to have 2006 wrx it was be smooth all the way through, my 2015 is simply just not like that??

Any advice please, I just payed $27k In Australia for the car and I’m loosing my mind trying to decide if I should keep it or sell it back to the dealer or somthing??

·
BooSTIng
2,317 Posts
Do some research. This is normal on the 15+ wrx's. The dreaded 4k rpm stumble/hesitation. From what I have read, a tune fixes the issue for the most part. But modifying and tuning it is a choice you will have to make.

·
Super Moderator
11,723 Posts
People have hit or miss results with a tune. I'm not sure how recently you just managed to aquire this. But if you sell it right away you are going to get a good ol' financial butt humping unless you paid cash. It would be a prolifically stupid move.

Just keep it and enjoy it, there isn't really many situations where you are going to be up at 4500rpm anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts