ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I’m running the stock BCS after reverting from a GS along with some other mods. I’ve checked all the vac lines for cracks, my “T” is hooked up correctly. Pink to the wastegate, yellow to the turbo compressor. It has two restrictor pills in it on either side of the “T”. I’m only reaching 13psi when my target is 17psi.

When I remove the “long hose” from the BCS I’m hitting ~15psi.

Anyone got any tips, I’m pulling hairs at this point. Been all through the TMIC and hoses. I’ve had some knock -1.4 at low RPM since having the clutch done, I checked all the TMIC and intake stuff quadruple times and went and threw a new stock BCS and “t” fitting on while I was in there.

I read there’s two restrictor pills, I read there’s one, I even read there’s three...

Running Cobb Stage 1 + SF 93

·
Æternum
20,568 Posts
I don't recall there being two....

only one per my understanding. Where is the second located on the T?

The ends of the T are hooked to:
1. Wastegate Actuator
2. Compressor HP source
3. Vacuum source

·
Æternum
20,568 Posts

·
Æternum
20,568 Posts
If you are not hitting target boost and the rest of the system is mechanically sound, it's either
1. The lines are not hooked up correctly
2. The boost control solenoid is not functioning properly
3. The ECU has pulled boost

If you are indeed correct and that year WRX uses multiple restrictor pills (this doesn't seem to make sense in the context of that system), make sure that the pills are properly sized for the lines and not swapped.

·
Æternum
20,568 Posts
EDIT: OK, did some digging and strangely, Subaru DID include a second pill on your model WRX. That pill is absent on my 2015 STI (just checked).

Make sure the line with the PINK dot (which has a different pill) is between the Tee and your wastegate actuator.

Never remove the vacuum source from your EBCS -- this can cause severe and uncorrectable overboosting.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
EDIT: OK, did some digging and strangely, Subaru DID include a second pill on your model WRX. That pill is absent on my 2015 STI (just checked).

View attachment 325982

Make sure the line with the PINK dot (which has a different pill) is between the Tee and your wastegate actuator.

Never remove the vacuum source from your EBCS -- this can cause severe and uncorrectable overboosting.
Yeah it’s hooked up right, also BCS, stock is bleed type.
Just got done replacing the turbo inlet, as it had a big leak when I smoked tested it(and it was indeed wrecked when I got it off), man that sucked, I’m now hitting around 15.5psi. Closer. It was like 100F out today so maybe that’s why, I also didn’t reflash the ECU I just had the battery unplugged while I was doing all that.

I also replaced the BCS and vac lines prior to doing the smoke test and changing the inlet. I might now go and replace the IC and BPV seals, maybe fix the little bit stripped bolt on the IC.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Drove my commute this morning, car wouldn’t reach 15psi again. Only about 13psi. Stalled at every stop, and AFR still lean at -6. The turbo inlet I replaced was definitely leaking but that seems to have not fixed the issue. Any ideas on what to do next? Another smoke test? Compression test?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts