ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone seen anything official on the 2013 WRX/ STI? I have seen pics of the advanced tourer concept, and that it will have its own platform. Anyone seen anything else?

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
They are probably talking about the home country as Japan has never been given the 2.5 liter motor.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Think the prices will be relatively the same? Think the new wrx will have the HP numbers of the older sti and the sti have 10-20% more HP??

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Ive heard rumors of more than 350hp out of the sti..

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
We've been around this cycle many times..."confirmed" rumors will fly left and right, but until FHI officially announces it I believe nothing.
In 2004, no one knew that the USDM STi engine was going to a 2.5L until the day of the announcement.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
We've been around this cycle many times..."confirmed" rumors will fly left and right, but until FHI officially announces it I believe nothing.
This. ^

When I first got into the Subaru community I followed "rumors" all the time and quickly got tired with how 99.9% of them were false. I've come to learn very quickly that FHI likes to keep things secret and release the info to the general public last minute.

·
Æternum
20,594 Posts
Ray, I talked to someone from SOA last night and he confirms that the WRX will receive a turbocharged version of the FA20 engine in the "near future." Whether that be MY2013 or later, I don't know.

Strangely, the gentlemen said that the future of the BRZ is still shrouded in mystery even from SOA; he claims there have been no rumors of a turbocharged variant of the BRZ anytime soon...

He also commented that the Bugeye wagon was the "best vehicle we've ever built" ;)

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
He also commented that the Bugeye wagon was the "best vehicle we've ever built" ;)
In fairness, this does give him some credibility.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
If a nerd farts in the forest for nobody to hear... Did he really ever fart at all?

·
Registered
175 Posts
if the 2013 sti has even close to 350 stock its going to be wild. that much hp for this kinda car stock would be ridiculous. Ill be getting one pre ordered when it comes out. Cant wait to see the changes n improvements.

·
Æternum
20,594 Posts
If a nerd farts in the forest for nobody to hear... Did he really ever fart at all?
What is said nerd doing in a forest and how is he plugging in his Alienware computer?

·
Cheeky Bastage!
2,730 Posts
What is said nerd doing in a forest and how is he plugging in his Alienware computer?
Said nerd has devised a sort of generator using only sticks, moss and tree sap; he has squirrels chasing acorns to power the generator, and in case he starts doing some online gaming and needs to increase the power, he has an auxiliary wheel directily behind the squirrel's in which he puts a wolf, its like natures NOS

·
Æternum
20,594 Posts
Said nerd has devised a sort of generator using only sticks, moss and tree sap; he has squirrels chasing acorns to power the generator, and in case he starts doing some online gaming and needs to increase the power, he has an auxiliary wheel directily behind the squirrel's in which he puts a wolf, its like natures NOS
Fair enough. But that still doesn't explain where he gets his Cheetos and how he keeps his Mountain Dew Code Red cold.

·
Cheeky Bastage!
2,730 Posts
Fair enough. But that still doesn't explain where he gets his Cheetos and how he keeps his Mountain Dew Code Red cold.
Oh but you have to read between the lines:
Said nerd has finally figured out that a bear does in fact s*** in the woods. He uses heat from the piles to turn a small fan which keeps his microfridge just cold enough for Mountain Dew Code Red. He is still trying to figure out how to get it cold enough to get the Rockies to turn blue on his Cold Activated Coors Light Can.

As for his Cheerios, I'll let Robin Hood Men in Tights explain it:
What's the fastest way to reach the villagers?
Why don't we fox them?
-Fox them!

Anything else you need drawn out for you?:tongue:

·
Æternum
20,594 Posts
Said nerd has finally figured out that a bear does in fact s*** in the woods. He uses heat from the piles to turn a small fan which keeps his microfridge just cold enough for Mountain Dew Code Red.
Your thermodynamics doesn't check out.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts