ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this Impreza from a small dealer in December 2020. The only mod on the car I know of is a catless exhaust. I had the check engine light come on 3 days after I left the dealer and I got the codes pulled. One was and o2 sensor and one was the wastegate solenoid. Ended up getting the OEM turbo replaced. I have also had the MAF replaced due to a code. Now I have no check engine lights but am having a worsening idle issue. It runs rough more when it warms up than cold start. When I push the clutch in the idle drops and will actually stall. It has stopped running a few times when I come to a stop. One of the local mechanics suggested a vacuum leak. Any points in the right direction are appreciated.

·
10,482 Posts
Yeah, if you have a catless exhaust it needs a tune. ASAP.

Ideally external wastegate to control the boost levels, but that can be handled later.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you sir. This is my first turbo car and the dealer showed me a Carfax but I'm sure there's more going on there. I bought an extended warranty so anything I do with a tune voids it but I don't want to destroy this car either since I'm still paying for it. I don't know squat about tuning so I'm going to have to find someone who knows what's up. Will I need to buy a tuned computer or can it be tuned the way it is?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts