Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’m thinking about trading in my Jeep for this and as I only have basic knowledge of WRX’s and purchasing used cars does anyone think this is a solid deal? It’s extremely close to me and in my area it’s hard to find a WRX let alone a hatch. It's priced at $18,542 and has 76,381 miles on it. Vehicle Car Family car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Subaru impreza wrx Toyota corolla
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Subaru impreza wrx sti Automotive exterior
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive exterior
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Subaru impreza wrx sti Subaru
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hatchback Family car

·
Super Moderator
11,723 Posts
That entirely depends on the vehicles history and the modification or lack thereof.

As a long time Jeep owner it is worth knowing these are every bit the basket case the Jeep's tend to be. Maintenance is inexpensive and simple but frequent and they have some issues that tend to be common like blown ringlands and spun bearings.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That entirely depends on the vehicles history and the modification or lack thereof.

As a long time Jeep owner it is worth knowing these are every bit the basket case the Jeep's tend to be. Maintenance is inexpensive and simple but frequent and they have some issues that tend to be common like blown ringlands and spun bearings.
The Jeep I am trading in has always been well maintained and is in good condition as it sets with 60k miles. I have about 4-5k in aftermarket parts in the Jeep and I am hesitant in going through with the deal for the sheer reason you mentioned. I test drove the vehicle and inspected it to the best of my ability, it was bought from auction and has 2 owners. One put 36k on it & the other did the rest. No signs of previous mods that I can tell but it does have an aftermarket shifter so it very well could have been. The dealer said they received no service records as well. They also mentioned a warranty on everything to 100k miles which doesn’t give you much room to play.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Like xjman said. If the vehicle has been unmodified and the maintenance has been kept up that seems like an alright deal. Keep in mind that the water pump / timing belt will probably need replaced in the next 10-15k miles. Looks great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts