Premium Member
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

·
Master Baiter
12,651 Posts
YBNormal07 said:
How long you had it? Are those magazine / quoted numbers, or are they normal YB numbers that you see?

·
Premium Member
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL...those are mag numbers. I expect to get a little better, but not much. Once the tune is on though, should be high 10 sec. Picked it up last weekend. Never thought I would say this about a car, but yeah, it has scared me a few times. A G-force that has to be experienced to be believed.

·
Master Baiter
12,651 Posts
YBNormal07 said:
LOL...those are mag numbers. I expect to get a little better, but not much. Once the tune is on though, should be high 10 sec. Picked it up last weekend. Never thought I would say this about a car, but yeah, it has scared me a few times. A G-force that has to be experienced to be believed.
No doubt. Is your ECU reflashable or do you need to piggyback / standalone? Assuming your fueling isn't maxed out in stock configuration, I'm sure you can gain some nice power throughout the RPM band with a recalibration (there's power to be gained going from CA piss gas to our 93E10 here in the northeast, not factoring in an OEs desire to keep the safety margin as high as possible).

I see the thread title is 2013 S8, but your signature says 2018 S8...do you have multiple S8s in your fleet? :D

·
Premium Member
15,595 Posts
SWEET! :D

·
Premium Member
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No doubt. Is your ECU reflashable or do you need to piggyback / standalone? Assuming your fueling isn't maxed out in stock configuration, I'm sure you can gain some nice power throughout the RPM band with a recalibration (there's power to be gained going from CA piss gas to our 93E10 here in the northeast, not factoring in an OEs desire to keep the safety margin as high as possible).

I see the thread title is 2013 S8, but your signature says 2018 S8...do you have multiple S8s in your fleet? :D
Hah..I cought that in my sig and fixed it before I saw your post. ECU is reflashable. Some small mods to the exhaust, an intake and a tune should net arount 180-200 hp. Engine is built for much higher HP/TQ so the fuel system is more than capable. Right now, it has all the power I need. Not kidding...this thing is ungodly fast, especially for weighing so much. It puts a grin on my face every time. Literally, it shouldn't be able to do the things it does...yet it does.

Reactions: mycologist

·
Premium Member
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Master Baiter
12,651 Posts
YBNormal07 said:
ECU is reflashable.
:thumbup:

YBNormal07 said:
Some small mods to the exhaust, an intake and a tune should net arount 180-200 hp.
:eek3:

YBNormal07 said:
especially for weighing so much
it shouldn't be able to do the things it does...yet it does.
Story of my life the last 7 years :rotfl:

·
Æternum
15,864 Posts
Those Audi motors make some serious power gains from bolt-ons. Should be fun!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Hammerdown Mod of Thunder
23,965 Posts
Congrats! You will surprise some of those mustang guys with that bad boy.

·
Registered
44 Posts
So whats a 2013 S8 cost these days? A very sweet vehicle indeed... I would bet fixing it aint cheap either!

Pics of the rear interior? I had no idea it had a fooking fridge! That is awesome.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,727 Posts
You have me at rear seat fridge.

Class.

Congrats!

·
Premium Member
12,314 Posts
Awesome score!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts