ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to buy a new 2012 and it's either going to be a Legacy (limited) or a WRX (base). I've been driving my 2002 WRX since I bought it back in 2001. The WRX drives fantastic, of course, but I love the interior and the features in a Legacy with the leather and HK stereo.
For those of you who have had a newer Legacy (2011-2012) what did you like or not like about it?

·
Registered
85 Posts
The new WRX is a much nicer car then the 2002. Take a test drive in both and see what you like and don't like about both.

·
Registered
254 Posts
These are two diff cars. I have legacy gt 09, and wrx 11 lega is bigger and more softy on the road, so easier for long ride, wrx is sharper and nicer ride. I enjoy wrx more, but my wife, she is different story.

I mean depends on what you want from your car. Both are good cars, same engine, lega has better mpg 28 and wrx <25. Again I drive wrx, so who knows may be she would make it higher on rx?

Edit:
They go for same price, therefore it's just what you want.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This one is a really tough choice for me. I prefer the interior and seats of the Legacy (limited) but I've never owned leather seats in a car before so I'm not sure about how I'll like them years later. I would miss the power in my WRX if I didn't get another one but maybe I'm getting older or lazier and that's why I'm contemplating this :)

For sure if I had an extra 29 grand laying around I'd buy the Legacy GT.

Maybe I could find a sugar mama and get both. Ladies...?

·
Registered
90 Posts
well the engine is not the same in the wrx as the legacy ..the legacy has and engine like the STI with the dual active valve control system...but less boost..so the legacy would be more upgradable than the wrx....if thats what you want...just a thought./.jeff

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, I won't modify. I don't have the time or knowledge so I'm just looking for one I'll enjoy more. The only thing that really bugs me about the Legacy are those damn headrests. I can't stand all this active-headrest crap that's going into all the cars these days. Honestly the WRX headrest isn't much better but I think it probably is better. Then again I'm 5'9" so you guys may have a better fit than me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts