ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the 2012 factory sti wing fit onto the 2012 wrx trunk? Subaru is saying that it might be to wide? But I think it will fit?
-thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
You mentioned a different hole pattern.I assumed you already have a WRX wing on your sedan.and wanted to remove it & install the STI wing instead.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah u said hood and threw me off lol yeah My car is coming in tomorrow to Subaru and has the little wrx wing.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
Lol,I apologize.Yes,if your trunk already has a WRX wing ,the holes will probably not line up with the mounting points of the STI wing.

Have you looked into exchanging your trunk?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lol,I apologize.Yes,if your trunk already has a WRX wing ,the holes will probably not line up with the mounting points of the STI wing.

Have you looked into exchanging your trunk?
Exchanging my trunk? Like swapping on the forum with someone else?

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts

·
Banned
160 Posts
the wing will fit just fine..its the same trunk lid..I had the dealer install the Sti wing on my WRX. my car came wingless though..Your car since it already has the wrx spoiler it will have 14 holes that go all away across the trunk lid. so You would need to have bodywork done to all those exposed holes in the middle and repaint the trunk lid..They are wrong in saying it is to wide same car. But it wont fit any of the holes already made and then you need a bunch of body work done.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the wing will fit just fine..its the same trunk lid..I had the dealer install the Sti wing on my WRX. my car came wingless though..Your car since it already has the wrx spoiler it will have 14 holes that go all away across the trunk lid. so You would need to have bodywork done to all those exposed holes in the middle and repaint the trunk lid..They are wrong in saying it is to wide same car. But it wont fit any of the holes already made and then you need a bunch of body work done.
Okay thank a lot! That really cleared everything I thought up!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts