Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Logs:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RPekpvljuHATVwXasdX4949obaBRjV9h-LfM0Dpdsl4/edit?usp=sharing

So, background. I installed a Cobb downpipe and uppipe using the stock air box and intercooler with a flashed Stage2 93 MTv331 map on it. I was hitting target boost with this setup. See tabs dl14 and dl13 for the data logs.

Now I just stuck on a Mishimoto TMIC with their TB to IC hose. I re flashed the map to start fresh and now I'm not hitting target boost, getting ~16psi. See dl15 tab.

So, do the logs look normal and any suggestions as to why I'm not hitting target boost with the aftermarket IC? The TB to IC hose is fully seated and on their tight, that I know. I do hear a high pitched whistling when it's building boost, but doesn't happen all the time which is weird.

·
Super Moderator
10,897 Posts
That's because you need a dyno tune for the IC.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
For External Use Only
2,488 Posts
What XJ said. If it's not in the map notes, you need to retune. That TMIC is a good amount larger than the stocker

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, didn't think the somewhat bigger TMIC would make that big of a difference. Pro tune is in the near future.

I did re flash with the Stage2 93 MTv331 HWG map and that helped bring the boost closer to target levels. Did a log with that, See dl16. Any issues with running the HWG map? I will keep an eye on the boost if the weather gets warmer.

·
Super Moderator
10,897 Posts
Yes, it doesn't at all account for the intercooler so the fueling is going to be off.

·
Æternum
15,475 Posts
Yes, it doesn't at all account for the intercooler so the fueling is going to be off.

It shouldn't be...

OP, if you are still on the EBCS, there should be no difference in fueling or boost. Timing and load cells should be addressed, however.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,897 Posts
Wouldn't it cause issues when the increased volume of the intercooler takes longer to charge? Is there somewhere this information is tried and true. I was reading about this topic several months ago when I was having my boost leak and several places stated that the intercooler will cause your fueling to be off because of target boost errors.

·
Æternum
15,475 Posts
Wouldn't it cause issues when the increased volume of the intercooler takes longer to charge? Is there somewhere this information is tried and true. I was reading about this topic several months ago when I was having my boost leak and several places stated that the intercooler will cause your fueling to be off because of target boost errors.

That's handled by tip-in enrichment... Basically the electronic version of an accelerator pump.

MAP is read after the intercooler, so realistically it shouldn't cause much change in the boost control. Perhaps a small change in turbo dynamics but nothing significant.

The ECU should still be remapped for the TMIC.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Super Moderator
10,897 Posts
Thank you zax and sorry about my mistake.

·
Æternum
15,475 Posts
From the datalog, you're hitting target boost.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts