Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought her new in 2012 and came to Denver that same year. Excellent mechanical condition. Any issues are cosmetic, and I have priced accordingly. It sustained hail damage on all panels except for the entire passenger side. Thankfully, the dents aren't too deep, and range from nickel to dime-sized. There are also various scratches in the clearcoat that need to be buffed out. It still turns heads as is, but it would be awesome to hand this off to someone who knows their way around a body shop. The interior is in really good condition, and I have kept it impeccably clean. Pictures in this post were taken yesterday, 5/23/2107.

I purchased the extended warranty when I bought it new, so I have never done any mods on it. I had the dealer inspect this month with a fine toothed comb, and they couldn't find any mechanical issues, or maintenance items that need attention. in 2015 @32K miles it started developing rod knock. Subaru replaced the bearing in #3 and all associated repairs under warranty. Only conclusion I came to, and my mechanic agreed, was that Subaru's oil change intervals were too liberal for the turbo. Since then, I have gone down to the 3K-5K range, and never had issues since. I have never tracked or raced it, and have all service records and paperwork from the repair available for your scrutiny.

What you do with the car is obviously your choice ... but my vision would be to hand it off to someone who is willing to do the body work -- I need a new work truck, and decided to put my time and money toward that. So, I'd rather hand this off to someone who can appreciate it and take advantage of the deal, than fix it and sell it for more. Again, I am the original and only owner, so please don't hesitate to ask me any other questions you might have. I did my best to describe this in as much detail as possible, and am looking to make an honest sale to an honest buyer.

Brake flush 5/2017
E-brake adjust 5/2017
Oil change 4/2017
Stoptech brake pads @ 80% all around
Summer tires @6/32

K&N air filter
PIAA wipers
Factory Yakima rack with carriers
Extra set of rubber floormats and cargo liner (carpet mats currently in the car)
Extra set of winter tires for 17" wheels
3M window tint
Custom made dash cover

1 - 2 of 2 Posts