ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi first post!

I was wondering if 2012 wrx's should be around the same price as the 2011's.
I have never owned a wrx. Ive wanted one for years. I finally have a good job and the money to get one. I was going to get a 2011, was looking at one the other day. I just decided to wait and save a few more months and put a 12 grand down payment on a 2012. Cant wait till they come out. Im so excited already.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I wanted the 2011 after seeing the pictures of the 2012. However, since most of the major components of the 2011 is a carry-over, I would imagine the price wouldn't seem to far away from the current ones. I even talked to a dealer right before I got mine (only a week and a half old at this point) and he said that the 2012's would be around the same price if not a bit higher.

Not sure if that's any help but good luck with getting one. They supposedly started production in japan of the 2012's this month... (once again dealer said, not my words) so hopefully we can see some 2012's within the next 2-4 months?

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
I think that there may be a little confusion here.
The 2012 BASE Impreza is a complete redesign, reflected in the photos that have been posted up here and there.

The 2012 WRX and STI models will be essentially identical to the 2011 model. Last I heard, they hadn't revealed when the update was coming for those, perhaps 2013, or 2014.

That being the case, I would suspect that the pricing will be very similar to the 2011 model for the WRX.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I was referring to the 2011 WRX and the 2012 WRX.

Thanks for your reply. I'm getting one as soon as they come out and I am so excited already. I can't wait. I look everyday after work to see if they have posted any new information on them. :)

·
48,699 Posts
It should be a fantastic car. They've had a few years with this model to work out the kinks. Good luck!

·
Registered
382 Posts
If the 2012 WRX is the same as the 2011, what are they waiting for on calling the new ones from the factory a 2012 MY? Still filling old orders on the '11 from the Earthquake period?

·
Registered
226 Posts
From what I understood from NASOIC (which the link was posted on here to them) was that a few minor changes like the headlight unit and tail lights and a few other things (navi unit) are changed. This could possibly be why they might be waiting?

·
48,699 Posts
Perhaps..there are usually incremental changes within a given model run.
That's really all I know...perhaps Zach or someone that follows it more closely could chime in...?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts