ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I'm 99 percent the 2012 WRX is the new body style but have not seen any pics. Does anyone have any pictures they've found of it? I'm kinda waiting but the 2011 are going fast don't know what to do.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see on dealerships websites and it says 2012 Subaru WRX and then shows a stock pic of the 2012 impress and some the 2011 WRX so I'm am just a little confused an would like to clear it up so I k ow what to do

·
Registered
102 Posts
Okay so I'm 99 percent the 2012 WRX is the new body style but have not seen any pics. Does anyone have any pictures they've found of it? I'm kinda waiting but the 2011 are going fast don't know what to do.
You're 99% wrong. It's the same exact body style with a few minor tweaks.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
This info is all over the internet....

The 2012 will be the same as the '11 with a few minor changes (headlight color....) the new 2012 impreza will have a whole new body, but the wrx/sti platforms will stay the same.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Makes way more financial sense to buy a '12. Go for it man!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Makes way more financial sense to buy a '12. Go for it man!
Only if you don't fall for the dealer traps that cause you to overpay for brand new models. Dealers are clearing out the '11s and you can easily get a price cut that makes up for the depreciation of a one year older car. Make sure you do the math because the '12s will be in limited quantity and high demand at first.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
I disagree with that ^

Dealers aren't "clearing out '11s"....they barely have any in stock. You'd be lucky to find an '11 right now....

All you need is common sense and you won't get ripped off by a dealership. The fact that he's posting and asking about it would lead me to assume he has some of that.

Where is this statistic of the '12s being only made in limited quantity? This is news to me....

·
Registered
102 Posts
I disagree with that ^

Dealers aren't "clearing out '11s"....they barely have any in stock. You'd be lucky to find an '11 right now....

All you need is common sense and you won't get ripped off by a dealership. The fact that he's posting and asking about it would lead me to assume he has some of that.

Where is this statistic of the '12s being only made in limited quantity? This is news to me....
I just got an '11 for $3-4k less than I would have paid for a '12. Every dealer within a few hundred miles of me has 2 or 3 left. They won't even get 2 or 3 '12s before the end of the year. Most people that have ordered a new one on these forums have said they're likely getting the only '12 their dealer will get before the end of the year. I suggest you read up a little. New cars take months before they replace the entire fleet of old models on the majority of lots.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Seeing as the prices didn't change between years, a base model is still going to be 25k, a prem. still 27k and a limited still 29k....so you're saying you got one for either 22k, 24k or 26k (depending on which model). If that's true, then you just got lucky and got an incredible deal. Another member on here was posting the same dilemma (whether to get an '11 or '12) and there was 0 price difference on a brand new (zero miles) '11 and him ordering a '12.

Every dealer around me has 0 left and they aren't taking orders for the '11 anymore. So if you find an '11 on the lot chances are it's someone else's or it has a deposit on it already.

They will get '12s as they're ordered. If 5 people go to your local dealer and all order '12s, your dealer will have 5 '12s in 8-10wks.

Believe me, I've done plenty of research on this. The WRX is not a car that dealerships are over loaded with and they're all over the place. The higher percentage of ones sold were ordered by the buyers. This forum was flooded with people asking how to get an '11 because people couldn't go to their local dealer and just buy one. Heck, most people couldn't even find one to test drive.

Once again, the WRX isn't/wasn't a car that was stocked in numbers at a dealership. There aren't going to be a ton of them laying around for liquidation as you keep suggesting.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Wow I've looked and have none around me. But congrats on getting your 11 for such a good deal! On a side note, I was looking at Tony's link to the new 12 and it does look one thing that pops out the most about a change are the headlights... how do you guys feel about them?

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Personally, I can't stand them.

I've always been a fan of non-chrome headlights. Not a good change in my book.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Seeing as the prices didn't change between years, a base model is still going to be 25k, a prem. still 27k and a limited still 29k....so you're saying you got one for either 22k, 24k or 26k (depending on which model). If that's true, then you just got lucky and got an incredible deal. Another member on here was posting the same dilemma (whether to get an '11 or '12) and there was 0 price difference on a brand new (zero miles) '11 and him ordering a '12.

Every dealer around me has 0 left and they aren't taking orders for the '11 anymore. So if you find an '11 on the lot chances are it's someone else's or it has a deposit on it already.

They will get '12s as they're ordered. If 5 people go to your local dealer and all order '12s, your dealer will have 5 '12s in 8-10wks.

Believe me, I've done plenty of research on this. The WRX is not a car that dealerships are over loaded with and they're all over the place. The higher percentage of ones sold were ordered by the buyers. This forum was flooded with people asking how to get an '11 because people couldn't go to their local dealer and just buy one. Heck, most people couldn't even find one to test drive.

Once again, the WRX isn't/wasn't a car that was stocked in numbers at a dealership. There aren't going to be a ton of them laying around for liquidation as you keep suggesting.
I never said there were a ton of them (but nice work putting words in my mouth). There just won't be as many 12's on the lots as 11's until next year. I got $2k off the sticker (so about 28k) and $2k more for my trade-in (on top of a decent offer). The dealer told me he couldn't figure out why their sales manager was letting them go so cheap, but it's obviously because of the model year.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
I never said that you said that either, I said you suggested it. You made it seem (to me) that anyone could go walk into their dealership and get one for a killer price.....that's simply not true.

There were never many '11s on the lots to begin with, though....my local dealership had (at most) 2-3 on the lot at a time. All other dealerships didn't even have any on the lots.

28k for a limited is a pretty good price, but it's not unheard of, and if yours isn't a limited, then you over-paid by a lot. The MSRP for it is 29k so you got it for invoice basically. Most people on this forum have gotten their cars for invoice or less without having to wait till the end of the m/y.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I think pricing and availability varies a lot by location. Around here there aren't many dealers that still have '11, and those that do want MSRP. The '12 is starting to arrive, though. I'm picking mine up today or tomorrow. I was able to get it for below invoice, which I'm happy with, since dealers are still not able to put in orders for more WRX/STI. If I had waited to order one, I probably wouldn't have gotten it until January at the earliest.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I never said that you said that either, I said you suggested it. You made it seem (to me) that anyone could go walk into their dealership and get one for a killer price.....that's simply not true.

There were never many '11s on the lots to begin with, though....my local dealership had (at most) 2-3 on the lot at a time. All other dealerships didn't even have any on the lots.

28k for a limited is a pretty good price, but it's not unheard of, and if yours isn't a limited, then you over-paid by a lot. The MSRP for it is 29k so you got it for invoice basically. Most people on this forum have gotten their cars for invoice or less without having to wait till the end of the m/y.
My deal was lucky, and I never said it could be repeated, but it's just not great advice to say "A '12 is the best possible financial choice". My car is a premium with $700 in options. It was definitely below invoice, and while that's definitely possible to get without waiting you're not going to get that kind of a deal if you live in an area where they go fast. I had to drive to the middle of nowhere WV to get mine. I made over $5k on my trade-in which is where they took the money out of instead of dropping the sticker price further. Below invoice and making money on the trade-in is really only possible when the buyer has more leverage, which is something that happens more often at the end of model years.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts