ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it normal for the gauge of the SPT boost gauge to chirp and shake when going over bumps. When I hit a bump in the road, I can see the needle bounce around and if the jolt is hard enough, the guage 'chirps'. Considering the condition of the roads in my area, this can be quite annoying. Do I have a faulty gauge or is this 'normal' behavior?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What wrong with it? What are they saying about it?? Just picked up a new WRX 2012 and it came with the SPT BG.
Well the dealer replaced it and the new one is just as crappy. Needle still bounces and it still chirps / rattles over bumps. What a POS.

Are there any aftermarket boost gauges that will work in the SPT mount since I already have the mount and my dash already has a hole in it.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
Well the dealer replaced it and the new one is just as crappy. Needle still bounces and it still chirps / rattles over bumps. What a POS.

Are there any aftermarket boost gauges that will work in the SPT mount since I already have the mount and my dash already has a hole in it.
Where is it located?

Best thing to do would be to get an smy cluster pod & some aftermarket gauges.

2008+ WRX STI dual gauge pod cluster 08 09 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 subaru gauge gauges pods forester bezel

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm not exactly sure.But it is the same size 52mm.

The prosport also comes with its own mount.
I'm just wondering if it would be a direct swap. Re-use the vacuum line and connector. I don't mind the location/mount of the SPT gauge, just the quality of the actual gauge itself.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts