ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i need help i cant pick an exhaust i like the q300 but i dont think it will be as loud as i would like it on my mini s the q300 was perfect but most people i talk to say its not that loud i have listened to all the you tube clips

i really like the turboxs dual single tip i hear its louder and the price is better but **** what if i buy that and wish i got the quad tips i also read that the turboxs clunk around when shifting hard

and last the agency power quad i dont know much about this but i hear its loader then the q300..but i read some people saying this company is **** and not to buy from them

any help will be great im not to the wrx world just ordered my 2012 last week and havent even got it yet but i want to be ready when it gets here,also do i have to wait before puting on the cat back or can i do it right away exhaust is all i realy want to do to the car

prices
q300 799
ap quad 765
turboxs 530

i dont really want to spend 800 if the turboxs will do the job so please help

·
Registered
10,822 Posts
Only you can tell what sounds right for you.Youtube videos do not do justice to the sound of any exhaust.

So to avoid disappointment & monetary loss it would be best if you went to one of your local meets or got in touch with someone near you who has the exhaust to hear it in person.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm wondering more on quality are theses company's good is the one worse then the other are peple having problems with any of these

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Killpsibot,
Congrats in your new car. I have a 2012 and I have not complains about the sound of the factory exhaust. Sounds pretty good.
Before you mod the exhaust, just be sure that doesn't avoid your warranty.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Have you checked out the Nameless Performance cat-back?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thought a cat back or axle back wouldn't void anything?

And the q300 has 2 versions, v1 and v2. I think v1 is nice and mellow while I've heard complaints about how loud v2 is.

·
Registered
125 Posts
i have the nameless axleback on mine. Just the muffler delete and it sounds amazing! Real deep rumble and everything! Costs about 330 tax and shipping altogether. Plus it doesnt void your warranty.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
You won't have any warranty issues with a cat-back exhaust.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i glanced at the nameless exhaust but it just kind of looked cheap no offence but i keep hearing alot of good stuff about them mybe i will have to do some research on them...i have been kind of pushing toward the turbo xs or the agency power

·
Registered
10,822 Posts
i glanced at the nameless exhaust but it just kind of looked cheap no offence but i keep hearing alot of good stuff about them mybe i will have to do some research on them...i have been kind of pushing toward the turbo xs or the agency power
No offense but what does "look cheap" mean?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
if you look at any other catback then look at that one from a pic it looks cheap agian im just going by looks ...after doing some research it is a good sounding exhaust

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i understand you get what you pay for and for the price this is a great exhaust its not all super fancy like the q300

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
Magnaflow/nameless looks pretty nice, anybody with pics installed?

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Truth: Nameless is handmade here in the US by a great company with great customer service and is most likely "better quality" than most of the other exhausts you're looking at.

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
just ordered my 2012 last week and havent even got it yet
How about drive it for a little bit first??? Not only that, believe me when I tell you that you'll want to do more to the car after the exhaust. Change is a slipperly slope my friend. I was determined to leave mine all factory when I got my 2010 in oct 09...... its now had all its driveline mounts changed, short shifter/bushings, swaybars, endlinks, stageII tuned, sti front springs, second set of wheels, debadged... etc. Improvements are like pringles... seriously I'm not kidding.

Its a NEW car.. dont cheap out. The cobb cbe fits absolutely PERFECT and sounds great (though that is completely subjective, I like em a little on the quiet side INSIDE the car). Nameless is also top notch quality and sounds great. Turboxs is going to be a bit loud/raspy (gets unholy loud after changing the downpipe) and mine didn't fit correctly without some massaging. Not quite N1 race loud.. but loud enough to get cop attention. If that's what you want its up to you.. but if you spend long hours in the car and dont like getting pulled over for nothing, it'll get old fast. The q300 is a decent exhaust sound wise. I cannot comment on fitment since I haven't installed one (the first three I mentioned I've first hand experience with installs) I have heard a few q300's outside the car and they sound good.. however I've not been inside for a drive with one so cant comment on that either.

Personally, I'd get the car and drive it a few weeks and really decide where I wanted to spend my money. I recommend everyone do this. No one likes wasting hard earned cash. First thing I got for mine was a set of shifter bushings, then a short throw shifter, then sway bars. It comes down to one question. Do you want actual performance? Or do you just want to show off?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Stock exhaust is so quiet =) and i like the sound of the cobb.. thinking of gettin one as well but want to wait a bit first. Exhaust isn't one of those mods you need to get right away since it doesn't do anything to your car but make it louder. I have my car for 3 months, even tho my car is quiet i went for an ap (Short shifter soon) instead of blowing 500+ on exhaust. just my two cent

1 - 20 of 29 Posts