ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a new 2012 DGM WRX Limited Sedan. I've been lurking around the site for a few months trying to soak up as much knowledge as possible. It's pretty hard trying to hold back high revs during the break in period. I've never modded a car before but definitely plan on adding some of the common bolt-ons in the near future.

I'm not a fan of the small wing on the trunk can you remove it easily or do you need to do a trunk swap?

I don't plan on getting new wheels for a while but I like the look of the Enkei Raijins, if someone has the time id love to see them on my car with some photoshop action. Also, I don't know much about wheels so if someone knows a reason why these would be a bad choice performance wise please let me know.

IMG_0784.jpg

·
Registered
847 Posts
I just got the same car but mines not a limited but congrats I'm sure you love it just as much as me!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just got a new 2012 DGM WRX Limited Sedan. I've been lurking around the site for a few months trying to soak up as much knowledge as possible. It's pretty hard trying to hold back high revs during the break in period. I've never modded a car before but definitely plan on adding some of the common bolt-ons in the near future.

I'm not a fan of the small wing on the trunk can you remove it easily or do you need to do a trunk swap?

I don't plan on getting new wheels for a while but I like the look of the Enkei Raijins, if someone has the time id love to see them on my car with some photoshop action. Also, I don't know much about wheels so if someone knows a reason why these would be a bad choice performance wise please let me know.

I'm in the same boat currently... It definitely is hard to hold back. These cars beg to be driven fast and this break-in period is painful.

And here is a pic with those wheels you mentioned. Definitely looks nice. On tirerack.com you can view any wheels they have available on your car - it's where I got this pic.

wrx_17_Dark_Gray.jpg

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Congrats and welcome!

Finally I find a DGM WRX locally that doesn't like their trunk, but why can't you want an STI wing so we can swap trunks? ;) I really want to get rid of my STI wing for a WRX wing!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
DGM FTW, tint that thing though :thumbup:

I'm in the same boat currently... It definitely is hard to hold back. These cars beg to be driven fast and this break-in period is painful.

And here is a pic with those wheels you mentioned. Definitely looks nice. On tirerack.com you can view any wheels they have available on your car - it's where I got this pic.

View attachment 105360
Those wheels look hot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry teflon I'm looking to go bare back for the trunk but if I end up doing a pull and plug with the wing like rage suggested ill definitely let you know.

Thanks for the picture aznwrxlover, I've actually used that feature on tirerack before but just didn't even think about it when i was checking out these rims. :shakehead:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrats and welcome!

Finally I find a DGM WRX locally that doesn't like their trunk, but why can't you want an STI wing so we can swap trunks? ;) I really want to get rid of my STI wing for a WRX wing!
Since your in CO hopefully you can help me with a tuning question. I actually bought the car in Massachusetts but I'll be moving out to Denver in about a month. I plan on getting a proper tune after I get some bolt on's in but it will be at least a few months before that. How important is it to tune the car for driving in the higher Denver altitude, can i get away without a tune until i get some aftermarket things together?

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
You don't need to get a tune for the altitude. Your ECU can adjust for that all by itself.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
There's a couple of good tuners in Denver, but I don't know them. If Kevin/Sinister chimes in I know he knows of a couple.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts