ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to Subaru world and i have a 2011 wrx. I know the Stage 1 is the accessport but i just want to know what the ad/disadvantages of having it.Im just planning on with the accessport and cobb intake w/airbox. I know once you put aftermarket parts for it, you will void the warranty and my warranty is 3 years. I've had it about 9 months now. Is it really worth it? has anyone ever regret and end up going to the shop with no warranty?I really dont want to wait that long. I need more sources from everyone or experiences, Thanks

·
Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers?
785 Posts
In the end a lot of it comes down to the dealer when warranty issues come up. Some are more willing to work with you than others are. In most cases the AP Stage 1 tune is pretty gentle on the car - maybe even a better fit than the stock tune, so the tune is not likely (never say never) to cause any issues. The more you mod, the bigger the risks.

For me, Stage 1 is a very nice improvement on a daily driver - smooths things out and gives the old but dyno a nice kick as it climbs to redline. I won't regret it ... and I won't complain if SOA voids something that was related to my mod choice. As Stu said - pay to play.

·
Registered
17 Posts
In all honesty, the wrx is pretty bad @$$, just think your lucky stars that your didnt buy a 2008 wrx.. Im not only wanting to get the AP STAGE1 but finding that im going to have to in order to keep up with my buddy's and their late model wrx, larger turbo's are hard to compete with.. I say do it and while your at it start looking into a down pipe and maybe an up pipe too..

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
EVO_KILLER_2008 said:
In all honesty, the wrx is pretty bad @$$, just think your lucky stars that your didnt buy a 2008 wrx.. Im not only wanting to get the AP STAGE1 but finding that im going to have to in order to keep up with my buddy's and their late model wrx, larger turbo's are hard to compete with.. I say do it and while your at it start looking into a down pipe and maybe an up pipe too..
If you're only using a base map like the ones Cobb offers, an uppipe is a complete waste of money.

Unless you're going EWG / turbo swap (both of which should have a custom tune), an uppipe is not worth the effort - spend your money elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
stage 1 is in my opinion how they should come from the factory. Im not sure Id even bother doing an up-pipe with a turbo swap.. Maybe if you were going with a big turbo but oh well Im weird..

·
Registered
475 Posts
Yea I agree stage 1 is pretty safe. I went stage 1 about 2weeks now almost 3 and glad I did it. I went opensoure instead of AP. Stage 1 definatly smoothes everything out. More HP, better throttle response is the biggest difference and slightly better MPG, you won't be dissapointed except wanting more HP :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts