ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a pull today in 90 degree weather just to show ppl what a stage 3 can do in hot ass weather. :]

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
What do you have for a stage 3? versus a stage 2

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
1) There's an issue with VD 1.1.8 that's being worked on, so don't put too much faith in the results you're getting.

2) '11 WRX has a curb weight of ~3200. You weigh 600 lbs?

3) "StageIII" means nothing. List all modifications.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There was me and two others in the car man thats why its 3700lbs but i have 3 inch downpipe, perrin intake, grimspeed ebc 20 psi, god speed top mount intercooler, exhaust, step 2 colder plugs, 255lp fuel pump... about to put bigger turbo and injectors andtune it on e85. i will be making around 460whp. But that i ran on my buddies dyno it dynoed 356 whp and like 369wtq on stage 3 and on 93 gas, the weather outside was 47 degrees. I had my evo dynoed too it did 489whp with 412wtq on stock block.

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
As far as typical "stage" standards go, you're no more than a stageII with intake/fuel pump. Technically Cobb considers a "stage III" to include a turbo swap. Which you haven't done yet.

What dyno was this on that you needed to factor weight and had two other people in the car? Or was this some sort of street pull?? I'm not sure why the weight of the car would matter unless this is the dyno function of an AP or some other such device or software.

I've been around turbo cars for a long time, and those numbers seem a bit high for the mods you're running.

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
i figured it was colder plugs, fuel mods and a TMIC

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Cobb sucks! my friend has cob stage 3 and he has 344whp on the same set up as me and we dynoed on the same dyno my first pull i got 348whp second one was 356whp.. there was others too i just cant remember the numbers but that is on 93 gas if i used race gas it would be wayy more.. stage 2 only had downpipe man... what are you talking about... lol I DID ON STAGE 3 356whp

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
500evo said:
But that i ran on my buddies dyno it dynoed 356 whp and like 369wtq on stage 3 and on 93 gas, the weather outside was 47 degrees. I had my evo dynoed too it did 489whp with 412wtq on stock block.
What dyno is this?

·
Registered
108 Posts
What dyno is this?
That is what I was going to ask because it seems like a really super high reading dyno. No offense but there is no way he is putting that much power down on a mustang dyno with a Stage 3 setup on pump gas. Those numbers are bareably obtainable with the mods I have on E85.

Edit:

Lol just went back up and looked at the dyno sheet and this was done on a dynojet, a high reading one at that. I want to get on that dyno. :)

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
silverschlub said:
Lol just went back up and looked at the dyno sheet and this was done on a dynojet, a high reading one at that. I want to get on that dyno. :)
The graph he posted is from Virtual Dyno, which takes road datalogs and plots them. As I said in my first post, there are issues with the way that v1.1.8 is reading, yielding extremely unrealistic results.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The graph he posted is from Virtual Dyno, which takes road datalogs and plots them. As I said in my first post, there are issues with the way that v1.1.8 is reading, yielding extremely unrealistic results.
Oh ok I totally skipped over your post. Now I see what your talking about though. Thanks

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Guys... first glance I figured it looked a bit flat, so I looked for it and it's right there in the upper left "virtual dyno"... Nothing wrong with that, but I've tried it and didn't have a flat road, plus some other issues, like having the wrong model car selected and more... Anyways, the results where less than a real picture of the output. Didn't put any faith in that. . . But I still think the idea is a good one, just needs to be made better. I'm sure that will happen.

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
Cobb sucks! my friend has cob stage 3 and he has 344whp on the same set up as me and we dynoed on the same dyno my first pull i got 348whp second one was 356whp.. there was others too i just cant remember the numbers but that is on 93 gas if i used race gas it would be wayy more.. stage 2 only had downpipe man... what are you talking about... lol I DID ON STAGE 3 356whp
Listen here newb. There IS NO STAGE III.

Put down the playstation contoller and post some real data. Until you can do that I'm calling bull**** on those numbers. Plain and simple, get it on a real dyno or put the bragging away.

If you knew anything about the history of tuning subaru's you'd know that COBB introduced the "STAGED" references to what mods to what tune. They did this to better market modification parts. It works apparently because every Tom, **** and Idiot now refers to everything in "stages" ..

I could give a **** if they suck or dont.. but you need to pull your head out of your ass before you start spouting off about being right nor not. Currently you dont have an accurate way to generate the numbers you're trying to back up. You're definitely not making those numbers on a factory turbo I cont care if you have a MR. FUSION bolted to that ****er. That VF doesn't move enough air to make that kind of power.. even on race gas or E85.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I like using the VD but not really to show me "dyno" numbers. If you can do all your pulls on the same piece of road it should give you a good idea of what gains you get from a modification. Plus you can get a real world feel on the ole butt dyno. If that road isn't completely flat the numbers will never be real. Even a slight down hill will make the numbers higher. As always take it with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Hey Mangostick, ease up. The poor kid is going to get his surprise when real numbers show up somehow. Or some just a little better than stock WRX smokes him... In the old days we were happy with making our tired rally cows run GOOD. After that we really didn't care, like sitting at a stop light and getting the GTI on the next lane all revved up, then - as the lights turn- just making a leisurely turn to left or right, while dip$4!7 peels off on smoking tires.
Back to the issue: I'll play with the virtual dyno, but I'm not that crazy about the numbers, I just want it to go well. I'm not going to spend $200 for a dyno run just to know the numbers... Now, if someone is building an actual race car for racing, not street use, that's a whole different game right there. Then a real dyno is part of the deal and has to be viewed as such.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
...what gains you get from a modification...

Right, that's what it is good for...

1 - 20 of 61 Posts